Do you still get a letter or just online?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattzel

Reaction score
Does anybody who passed previously know if you only get the online result from ncees now, or will you still get the regular mail results as well?

Thanks!

Does anybody who passed previously know if you only get the online result from ncees now, or will you still get the regular mail results as well?
Thanks!
It appears that they no longer send out letters, as I didn't get one back in December for the October exam. Ultimately, you can just print out the passing document and the result is the same. Either way, if you passed, Congrats!

NCEES just gives you the pdf file with the results. Then my state (CA) mailed out a letter authorizing us to use PE now and the latter served as our certificate until it finally came a few months later.

IL uses CTS (Continental Testing Services) for exam administration. They sent letters in the mail last week (I passed!). I haven't received anything from NCEES (thru email, nor thru snail mail) and it also wasn't updated on my NCEES account.

Thanks!
It appears that they no longer send out letters, as I didn't get one back in December for the October exam. Ultimately, you can just print out the passing document and the result is the same. Either way, if you passed, Congrats!
Didn't get your profile picture before but I've been watching old episodes of The Office and saw that one this weekend...good stuff!

In Idaho the board sent me by mail a passing notification letter. It includes a pocket size card which I guess serves as a certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your state. Not all utilize NCEES website information release. AK will send out emails and letters as appropriate.

Back