Seismic great books/DVDs for sale

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvamela

Reaction score
I have the following books for sale. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Paypal payment at same address. Add $3 per book for shipping. Good luck!

1. Seismic Package I by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition)

a. Seismic Practice – Exams and Solutions. Contains great summary of equations and shortcuts and Two Practice Tests

b. 300 Seismic Practice Problems and Solutions

Condition: like new

Paid:$115, Asking: $85

2. Seismic Package II by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition)

a. Seismic Design DVDs (total of 20 h) – this is a 3 days seminar recordings

b. Seismic Design Workbook – book goes hand in hand with the DVD – contains great comprehensive and concise summary of equations and 224 problems

Paid:$365, Asking: $285

3. Seismic Practice by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition) – Exams and Solutions. Contains great summary of equations and shortcuts and Two Practice Test

Paid:$55, Asking: $35

4. Seismic Design of Building Structure by M. Lindeburg -9th Edition – this is a good book if you are new to seismic

http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Design-Build...7650&sr=8-1

Condition: slightly used

Paid:$68, Asking: $45

5. Seismic Principles Practice Exams by M. Baradar -3rd Edition – contains two practice tests

http://www.amazon.com/Principles-Practice-...mp;sr=1-1-spell

6. Procedure for Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings (ATC-20) – this is recommended by CA Board of PE

Asking: $25

7. Field manual: Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings (ATC 20-1) – 2nd edition this is recommended by CA Board of PE

Asking: $15

I have all the Hiner references, didn't pass the first time.

what did you think about the Baradar Seismic Principles Practice Exams with respect to the actual test questions?

I have all the Hiner references, didn't pass the first time.
what did you think about the Baradar Seismic Principles Practice Exams with respect to the actual test questions?
I used Hiner (book and webinar) first time around and I failed too. His problems are too simple and if you are new to Seimsic, the book is not good in providing the basic concepts. You need to understand the basic concepts in depth, and I could only do that by looking through various sources, and of course, spending a looooot of hours studying. There is no substitute to that.

Baradar's problems are good practice but maybe too simple as well imo.

The April exam is based on the '09 IBC / '10 CBC, correct? Does that make all previous references outdated?

3. Seismic Practice by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition) – Exams and Solutions. Contains great summary of equations and shortcuts and Two Practice Test

Item above is sold out.

1. Seismic Package I by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition)a. Seismic Practice – Exams and Solutions. Contains great summary of equations and shortcuts and Two Practice Tests

Items above are sold out. Thanks.

I have the following books for sale. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Paypal payment at same address. Add $3 per book for shipping. Good luck!
1. Seismic Package I by Dr. Shahin Mansour (First Edition)

a. Seismic Practice – Exams and Solutions. Contains great summary of equations and shortcuts and Two Practice Tests

6. Procedure for Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings (ATC-20) – this is recommended by CA Board of PE

Asking: $25

7. Field manual: Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings (ATC 20-1) – 2nd edition this is recommended by CA Board of PE

Asking: $15
Items above are sold out. Thanks.

Only items below are still available. Additional discounts offered. Email me if interested. Thanks.

[email protected]

4. Seismic Design of Building Structure by M. Lindeburg -9th Edition. This is a good book if you are new to seismic

http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Design-Build...7650&sr=8-1

Paid:$68, Asking: $45

5. Seismic Principles Practice Exams by M. Baradar -3rd Edition. Contains two practice tests

http://www.amazon.com/Principles-Practice-...mp;sr=1-1-spell

Last edited by a moderator:
Back