Anybody submit comments to NCEES?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navyasw02

Reaction score
Anybody submit comments to NCEES regarding an exam question? I had to for one on the morning ME session because the data they provided wasn't really clear and could have been easily argued for two answers. Just wondering if I was the only one.

I've got one in mind that I'm thinking about submitting. You could not work the problem without assuming "one way or the other", and both methods are valid, and both result in different answers, and the answers on the exam were not precise enough to exclude either method. Had they been more specific on the diagram, it would have been obvious. However, the diagram did not contain the details necessary to determine which method they were looking for. I chose the answer I thought was 'best', but a strong case could be made for the other answer as well.

Whats the deal with the online form?

It asks your for the specific problem number. Without writing the questions down I wouldn't remember the numbers I had issues with.

Whats the deal with the online form?
It asks your for the specific problem number. Without writing the questions down I wouldn't remember the numbers I had issues with.
Just give a brief description of the problem and tell them if morning session or afternoon session (1XX or 5XX) if you remember. That should be enough.

I submitted a comment on one of the computer morning questions. It seemed a big ambiguous and that one could argue the answer either way. similar to what a poster further up had said.

of course it's also possible that I just thought about the question too much.

Brian

I submitted a comment on one of the computer morning questions. It seemed a big ambiguous and that one could argue the answer either way. similar to what a poster further up had said.

Brian
I plan to submit a comment on one of the computer questions as well but I can't remember whether it was morning or afternoon. I hope my fuzzy memory is enough for them to figure out which one I'm talking about.

Anybody submit comments to NCEES regarding an exam question? I had to for one on the morning ME session because the data they provided wasn't really clear and could have been easily argued for two answers. Just wondering if I was the only one.
The guy sitting in front me who was also taking the Mech exam was positive there were two problems that were incorrect. I'm hoping that one of the two he was referring to was the one I had so much trouble with. I was beating my brain over it.

The guy sitting in front me who was also taking the Mech exam was positive there were two problems that were incorrect. I'm hoping that one of the two he was referring to was the one I had so much trouble with. I was beating my brain over it.
There were 2 in the Machine afternoon that I still cant figure out for the life of me which I think are incorrect. I'm thinking about submitting comments on those too, I just submitted a comment on a morning one as of right now.

I did submit for one of the AM question I was in doubt the given answer was incorrect. But how can we know that NCESS has looked into our concern? Also what happens if there was error in the question or answers listed in the exam? Does NCESS give credit for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mech AM problems or Mech PM problems?

I did submit for one of the AM question I was in doubt the given answer was incorrect. But how can we know that NCESS has looked into our concern? Also what happens if there was error in the question or answers listed in the exam? Does NCESS give credit for that?
We dont know if they took action or not, but it's still worth doing. If they get enough complaints on a question, maybe they'll throw it out, accept alternate answers, or modify the wording in the future.

Well if you submitted one than you saw this at the top of the form, right?

Your comments must be directed toward the ambiguity or validity of the question. Your comments will be reviewed by a committee of subject-matter experts. Any changes resulting from this review will be applicable to the entire examinee population.

Mech AM...he was pretty animated about it.

In the Mech AM? I only remember 1 that was questionable in the AM session. I got done in 2.5 hrs and checked it over about 3 times.

Was hoping maybe the questionable problems were in the PM section so I could use that as an excuse to ease my overwhelming feelings of terrible performance the second half!!

In the Mech AM? I only remember 1 that was questionable in the AM session. I got done in 2.5 hrs and checked it over about 3 times.
Same here....there was only one that gave me so much trouble and it ate a lot of my time. I think that was one of my few hail marys.

Brian
I plan to submit a comment on one of the computer questions as well but I can't remember whether it was morning or afternoon. I hope my fuzzy memory is enough for them to figure out which one I'm talking about.
well i wasn't 100% sure, either. It all sort of runs together now. I'm pretty sure it was on the morning test, though.

Back