Earthquake Engineering

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chess5329

Reaction score
I've been looking problems regarding this topic and I haven't found nothing, anybody that want to share information will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Pseudo-static is basically the "Equivalent Lateral Force Procedure" when it comes to seismic design.

There are quite a few example problems on this subject but it isn't found in your CERM or CERM problem books. You will have to buy the 6 minute solutions for structural (civil/structural PM or structural I), or buy a ppi book that deals specifically for seismic analysis.

I hope this helps.

I've been looking problems regarding this topic and I haven't found nothing, anybody that want to share information will be really appreciated.
Thanks
See link below for soil liquefaction paper

http://www.geiconsultants.com/stuff/conten...anceofsoils.pdf

Thanks everybody for your fast response. Besides problems to Calc CSR ratio for liquefaction....Could you give an idea where to find pseudo-static anlysis. Is this topic just to convert Dynamic forces to Static in the problem....could you post an example?

Thanks

Back