chemical PE exam review course?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allivaf

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any available chemical PE exam review course available to take in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York area?

I haven't had any luck in finding one for the October 2010 exam. I've checked most of the major engineering schools in the area.

I can't see how I will stay disciplined to study without a course to take on a weekly basis.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would like to know the same thing! I've looked around a lot online and haven't found anything except in TX or CA.

I would like to know the same thing! I've looked around a lot online and haven't found anything except in TX or CA.
i don't know of any courses in your area. but in case you have to find an alternative study method, i didn't take a course. i used a 3 book study series published by kaplan. i have a more detailed review of that series somewhere on this site (can't recall where exactly, though i also posted the same review on amazon.com for the series). i personally found it more useful to study on my own without the false sense of security of taking a course and thinking it was my ticket to easy street. but that's just me. the BIG caveat about the kaplan series is this: the books have errors in them. many errors. at first, it made me want to return the books, but i decided that a $160 set of books was alot better than a $1400 course. after a week or so, knowing to expect an error now and again actually made me study harder, pay more attention to make sure the errors didn't mislead me. one of the books is a practice exam, which was ALOT harder than the april exam. however, when i sat for the april exam, there were absolutely no surprises. the study book covered everything that was on the exam. the only area i think i goofed was the reaction kinteics questions. the study book covers it, but it's just not my strong suit. the book follows the NCEES list of subject areas to a tee. there are good example problems worked out, there are tons of additional problems, and there's the practice exam. plus if you hate it, you can get your money back if you return it within 30 days. if these guys can fix the errors, they'll have an unbelievably good (and cheap) way to study. good luck to yall in october.

i don't know of any courses in your area. but in case you have to find an alternative study method, i didn't take a course. i used a 3 book study series published by kaplan. i have a more detailed review of that series somewhere on this site (can't recall where exactly, though i also posted the same review on amazon.com for the series). i personally found it more useful to study on my own without the false sense of security of taking a course and thinking it was my ticket to easy street. but that's just me. the BIG caveat about the kaplan series is this: the books have errors in them. many errors. at first, it made me want to return the books, but i decided that a $160 set of books was alot better than a $1400 course. after a week or so, knowing to expect an error now and again actually made me study harder, pay more attention to make sure the errors didn't mislead me. one of the books is a practice exam, which was ALOT harder than the april exam. however, when i sat for the april exam, there were absolutely no surprises. the study book covered everything that was on the exam. the only area i think i goofed was the reaction kinteics questions. the study book covers it, but it's just not my strong suit. the book follows the NCEES list of subject areas to a tee. there are good example problems worked out, there are tons of additional problems, and there's the practice exam. plus if you hate it, you can get your money back if you return it within 30 days. if these guys can fix the errors, they'll have an unbelievably good (and cheap) way to study. good luck to yall in october.

I own the Lindebergh chemical PE study package and this also looks very thorough as a study guide. I guess I'll be studying on my own also.

I own the Lindebergh chemical PE study package and this also looks very thorough as a study guide. I guess I'll be studying on my own also.

yeah. i've heard good things about lindeberg books. i just found out that i passed the exam studying only the kaplan books, so i'll give another good plug for them. and i graduated 16 years ago and haven't used 90% of what we learned in school. a supportive spouse sure helped, too.

Does anyone know of any available chemical PE exam review course available to take in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York area?
I haven't had any luck in finding one for the October 2010 exam. I've checked most of the major engineering schools in the area.

I can't see how I will stay disciplined to study without a course to take on a weekly basis.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I didn't even bother looking, myself. I don't think the demand for PE Chemical is high enough to support many local review courses.

I just received an email from the PPI2PASS website and they offer a 12 week chemical PE "Passing Zone" online review course that uses the Lindbergh series of PE chemical exam study books. Their website sells these books for use as a study guide in the package. I think this course looks good for only $300, not including the cost of the books.

I need something to keep me disciplined for studying and I think I've found it.

Here is the link: http://ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIPZ

I just received an email from the PPI2PASS website and they offer a 12 week chemical PE "Passing Zone" online review course that uses the Lindbergh series of PE chemical exam study books. Their website sells these books for use as a study guide in the package. I think this course looks good for only $300, not including the cost of the books.
I need something to keep me disciplined for studying and I think I've found it.

Here is the link: http://ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIPZ
The problem is, that course is probably based on the 6th edition ChERM. The 5th edition is the better one for chemical engineering, even if it covers the old exam format. I don't know anything other than that about it, though.

By the way, I use out of date versions of textbooks anyway, since they're cheaper, and in all likelihood NCEES hasn't had time to incorporate the new material that the latest textbook covers.

the ChERM is very helpful, but one of the last chapters made no sense why it was included for the chemical. and could basically be ignored.

Back