Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​

Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Quick recipe hint: Take that sauce, add a little honey, marinate some chicken wings in the mix, then bake. When I made this recipe for a office chicken wing cook-off, it took first place. Even if it did cause a couple of the judges to cry.

What's a good ratio of hot sauce to honey? 1:1? 4:1? 30:1? :P

I really haven't measured what I use. I just add honey in small increments until I like the flavor. I'm probably on the 10:1 side of the mixture, but one of the guys I was seeing liked it closer to the 2:1. That mix tasted like candy to me!

Guest Dexman PE

Leave it to an engineer to request a recipie using ratios. TX already said "a little", which would imply something like "season to taste."

Edit: oops, beat me to the punch

PB&J, banana, Quaker Oat bar, apple.

For tomorrow, read what I put above. For every work day thereafter... read what I put above.

Repeat.

Repeat

I'm thinking of splurging and getting Chinese for lunch today. Hmmm.

Chicken salad for me, unless someone wants to go to Firehouse Subs with me.

^^ Man that sounds good. Maybe they'd give us some b-day cupcakes too !!

It's pay day, so I'm about to go treat myself to the Chinese buffet.

Guest Dexman PE

The $1 per scoop place?

Had pizza buffet today. Now I remember why I don't frequent buffets too often. Ate way too much.

I ended up not going. Today was SWE lunch day also but I forgot. I had some leftover pot roast, risotto and carrots. 'Twas pretty good.

The $1 per scoop place?

We had one of those in college and it was so good. Scoops...mmm...something that if I tried to eat it now would make me sick.

Guest Dexman PE

The $1 per scoop place?

We had one of those in college and it was so good. Scoops...mmm...something that if I tried to eat it now would make me sick.

Yep, just like Taco Bell for me. The best part of the $1 scoop place was that their fried rice was awesome. Eat 2 scoops of that and some egg-drop soup when hungover, and you'll feel like superman before you're done. Haven't tried it since college (haven't been that drunk since college either), so I don't know if I can stand it anymore.

Edit: Post #1500!!

Turkey club and potato wedges. Got treated to lunch by one of our consumables reps. And got some new welding equipment to play with too!

burrito plus a packet of easy mac - it doesn't taste as good as normal mac and cheese, but it sure is easy to make at work (and bland, which is a requirement of all foods I eat right now)

I'll probably make a dent in my stash of girl scout cookies for an afternoon snack. Yum!

Had a "hick dog" from backwoods BBQ... It was the biggest hot dog I have ever seen in my life.

Buffalo Chicken at Subway for me today... thats not a bad sammich if you ask me. Baked Doritos suck though.

Stopped at home for lunch on my way back to the office from Aspen. Lean Cuisine lasagna, tortilla chips, cookie and a diet cherry Dr. Pepper.

PB&J, banana, Quaker Oat bar, apple.

For tomorrow, read what I put above. For every work day thereafter... read what I put above.

Repeat.

Repeat

Repeat

They are having a PE recognition lunch today in the office for E-week and this is the first year I get to go to it! Don't know what food they will have, but with all the cost cutting that's going on, we could be having the same thing as Slacker.

While I am tempted to try the patty melt, today might be a chili-cheeseburger kind of afternoon.

... It was the biggest hot dog I have ever seen in my life.

That's what she said!! :P

I brought in donuts to the office today... I'm getting evil looks from the women who are on diets. This isn't helping my diet much either but oh well!

I brought in donuts to the office today... I'm getting evil looks from the women who are on diets. This isn't helping my diet much either but oh well!

Isn't it funny how they get pissed off at you for bringing donuts, yet they proceed to eat half a dozen each? Donuts are not a terrible breakfast if you only eat 1 or 2, and reduce the size of your lunch accordingly. But I know that I'm entirely capable of demolishing a dozen Krispy Kreme's by myself.

Guest Dexman PE

A dozen donuts are a good warm-up before breakfast...