18 inches so far - SNOW

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA! you guys are welcome to it! Been great here, low 30's, snow softly falling...very Dickens-esque

We drove about 18 hours to get to my in laws in north Carolina, i have to say for the kids to get to play in 10 inches of snow was worth it.

By the way the drive normally takes us 5 hours, Atlanta Friday traffic plus rain....and the last 100 miles at 10 miles an hour.....

But it will be gone for us soon as we leave tomorrow........

They are predicting about 1" in Louisville tonight. That means we will either get nothing or a foot. Those morons are never right.

We have a dusting so far. :(

I need to fire up my snowblower!!

It started here overnight. Got about 6" or so at this point. We're not supposed to get it as bad as to the south.
Ironically, Cape Cod is supposed to get the largest snow amounts. They often go the full winter with no snow. Oh well. I have gas for the machine, just waiting for it to stop to clean up the mess.

We got a dusting (i.e. not measurable). I'm glad they were wrong on the low end this time since I really need to get to work on Monday. I would mind a couple of feet on next Monday night though. I'm only supposed to work 2 days that week, and it wouldn't take too much for me to call in stranded.

We finally got a heavy frost. It was thick enough to scrape off the windshield.

Does that count? :happy:

I broke out the snowshoes for the first time in a couple years yesterday (busted foot last year) and it was awesome. Went for about 2.5 hours, and had to cut the trail for the most part. My left hip flexor is screaming at me today.

I love snow.

As expected... no snow in Phoenix. It was around 75 on Saturday, which warranted a visit to the local brewery for lunch and a beverage. I sat outside in the sunshine, wearing shorts.

Of course, come July everyone will be inside avoiding the sun at all costs.

I will likely have a white Christmas though, as long as Chicago gets some snow. Just hoping my flight doesn't get delayed...

My wife is HOPING for a white Christmas. We have family up here from Florida that never really get to 'see' snow.

Me, I'm ok with it being in the 50's and the grass turning green again. Not gonna happen, but I can always hope.

We have a 'forecast' for potential dusting to a LOT Of snow, depending on where the freeze / thaw line drops on Wednesday.

Nothing here, just 5 inches of rain.
I was a knob [4th classmen to those who don't live in SC] the last time it snowed there, the winter of 2000. The upperclassmen made ice balls for target practice while we scurried around campus.

Nothing here, just 5 inches of rain.
I was a knob [4th classmen to those who don't live in SC] the last time it snowed there, the winter of 2000. The upperclassmen made ice balls for target practice while we scurried around campus.

Were you around for Christmas 1989. We got 8 inches down here that year. I was just a young fella then but I remember waking up at my grandmother's house on Christmas morning to a lowcountry version of a winter wonderland. Snow in palmetto trees looks awesome.

Back