Youngest Person to get PE License?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 8, I had math scores equivalent to a high school senior. By taking too long to be a PE at 30, 9 months beats me.

But it's never too late for anything.

Would have been 30 years and 10 months before I failed the first time. Now 31 years and 3 months.

@Duke

That is awesome, and you still found enough time to study?

34 years 11 months and 3 kids...i finally pass
As stated above, 35 years 4 months on the exam day. I also have 3 kids (8, 6 and 1), and my wife is pregnant with our 4th. Made for some entertaining times. Thankfully she was very understanding of my need to study.

Amazing...i thought I was young, lmao. How did you all get enough experience to sit for the exam?
Most of them either take it in CA where 2 years is enough or they take it in IL where you can pass the exam but wait for the experience to be granted license.

Was 27 years, 5 months when I passed the ME PE and first became licensed back in 2008.

Am 31 years, 11 months when I passed the FPE PE this year.

Mapua, a ratio IQ score like that will mostly be about 20 points lower as a deviation IQ, tested at adulthood--so your challenge should be anyone with a tested IQ, deviation IQ, higher than 137, and I can say personally that I have a deviation IQ higher than that ;)
So that makes you a deviate, correct? :dunno:

Got my PE-ness in the womb. It was acknowleded by the state the day I exited the womb.

@sum

I am 31, my wife decided to hold off on children until both our careers are secure (she just became an Nurse Practicioner). The first time around, I maybe was able to study a total of 40 hours because of family problems and a very hectic work schedule( 7 days a week between 2 jobs). This time, my wife is on deployment, which helped me out a lot.

If I had passed I would have been licensed at 25+10 months. I skipped senior year of high school and went to college after 11th grade, and then got accepted to take the exam with just barely 4 years of experience. But I didn't pass so hopefully I'll be licensed at 26! Not sure how anyone who's 24 could have done it but that's great!

Back