Will Updated Transportation References Effect AM portion?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE_4_Panda

Reaction score
Since the transportation references were updated for 2013 specifically the AASHTO "Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, 6th edition, 2011" the Green book as many know it. Will other disciplines need to know this info for the am portion?

I am currently studying transportation and I have several "Sight Distance" tables that are from the 2004 book. Do I need to find the latest edition?

Great! I have been studying with charts from the AASHTO 2004 to solve tangent runoff and superelevation.

Great! I have been studying with charts from the AASHTO 2004 to solve tangent runoff and superelevation.

Because tangent runoff is a policy issue that varies state to state and there is not fundamental equation that is the theoretical way to do it, I wouldn't expect to see that on the morning. As for superelevation, they could ask a question based on the geometric curve equation given certain variables. But the tables in the Green Book assume values for side friction. Since the Green Book isn't required to take the Structures, Construction, Water, etc exams they wouldn't ask you for the green book table value.

Back