Will Bobs Rigging and Crane Handbook be required?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablojimenezjr

Reaction score
Hi, I am noticing that many people take this crane & rigging book to the test even though it is not listed as one of the required references. Will questions in the Construction Depth about crane and rigging provide the necessary information (tables, etc) or will we need this book?

If so, does this happen with any other books/topics? Should we take any other books not listed as required?

Thank you for your help.

pablojimenezjr,

Good question, The book is definitely not REQUIRED for the exam, which means the questions that are asked on the exam will not reference this manual for charts or formulas. However, this manual is SUGGESTED because it does have some good information on rigging techniques and equipment. Also stuff on cranes selection, stability, etc which will be asked as quantitative or qualitative questions on the exam. A lot of people feel that these topics are not covered in depth in the reference/study material that is out there on the market, so they use this as another reference book just in case.

So it is really up to you, if you have study and reference material on these topics and you feel you are knowledgeable then you probably don’t need the book. If you haven’t reviewed anything on this and don’t know where to start, you should get this book.

This answer also applies to the other subjects and other suggested books for scheduling, equipment production, engineering economic, etc, etc.

I hope that helps…

Mark

www.learncivilengineering.com

I never used it April 2012. If you work in Construction though I would strongly suggest you buy it. An excellent reference for a number of reasons.

Back