why I <3 the 80's

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
&lt;3 (for non internet geeks) if you turn your head to the right it resembles a "heart"

duhhhh :p

Let me be the first to say...

bob.jpg

Didn't notice any jeans. Let me look again.

OK, I thought they were the low-rise, hip-hugger type. Instead they look like they could be folded down at the top, pocketless 80's type jeans.

Ed

I got that picture in an e-mail witht he following text:

As I walked down the busy footpath, knowing I was late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by

this persons condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty.

A small voice inside my head called out,

"Reach out, reach out!"

So I did..........

It concluded with a picture of a guy in a hospital bed all bandaged and several casts with the caption:

I get out of the hospital in about 3 months.

It would be nice to get a card or maybe a visitor.

MA,

I saw it that way too- and just last week!

I always find it fascinating to get the same pic or video emailed or whatever from totally different sources within the same time frame.

I also find it neat to get one that I received years ago.

Ed

yeah I got it in an email this morning, but just thought the only thing worthy was the pic of the girl.....

Just messin' with ya. Did I mention I AM BORED OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND AND CAN NO LONGER CONCENTRATE ON MY JOB? :D

Ed

ED I hear you, and images like the start of this thread don't help me think about getting any work done.

Just messin' with ya. Did I mention I AM BORED OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND AND CAN NO LONGER CONCENTRATE ON MY JOB? :D
Ed
I hear ya Ed, I'm surfing the hell out of the web today. I hope the Net Nazi's aren't watching me too close. :"the other board" mole:

Latest posts

Back