Who's bringing a backpack?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofychallenge

Reaction score
I plan on flying in with a backpack full of books, and it's my understanding we can take them in as long as we're not doing the FE/FS. Anyone else bringing in a backpack for the seismic/survey tests? If not, what are you bringing your books in?

People bring in backpacks, crates, and suitcases. Keep in mind that the survey test is very time sensitive, and you don't want to spend alot of time looking through references. One or two well tabbed reference books should be fine for surveying. For seismic, a couple references and then the IBC/CBC and ASCE 7 are what you'll need.

Very reasuring to hear that. I remember what I had with me for the 8 hour when I took it in Oklahoma, and my references are a bit anemic in comparison.

In case anyone is interested, right now I'm planning on bringning the following:

One binder to consolidate info for both tests

Brown's Boundary Control for just in case I want an educated shot in the dark on Survey

Practice survey problems book (120 solved problems)

Contemplating the quick reference from ppi, just because I have it and it's pretty small.

CBC 2010 (part 2 only)

ASCE 7-05

Hiner book

I'm flying in also

For the test, I'm bringing a cloth reusable shopping bag from the local supermarket to hold my books.

Flying over with carry-on luggage only....one rollaboard for the books, one rollaboard for clothes etc (wife travelling iwth me).

Make sure you have a quick one pager tabbed for both all your vertical curve and horizontal curve equations. Also tab a good leveling and construction stake out example. If you understand these topics you'll do fine.

Back