Who has taken this test more then 7 times?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndekens

Reaction score
I have failed the Power exam 7 straight times in a row! Has anyone out there taken this thing more then 7 times and eventually passed?

I think im going to skip the Oct 2009 exam just to get a little emotional stress break then take the PPI review course for the April 2010 exam. What do you guys think?

Maybe if you could give us a breakdown of your study routine or what materials you've been using or what your weaker points are, someone could give you a nudge in the right direction.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to drastically change the way you study for the test. Doing the same type of preparation is not going to help as you have probably noticed. If you have not taken a preparation course before, that is a good change to try in your studying habits.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to drastically change the way you study for the test. Doing the same type of preparation is not going to help as you have probably noticed. If you have not taken a preparation course before, that is a good change to try in your studying habits.
I agree with this. I am preparing to take the exam for my third time in Oct. and I have already signed up for a prep course because it's pretty obvious that the way I studied the first two times wasn't working. I actually scored worse the second time around (how is that possible?). Good luck, ndekens.

I just passed it, first try, and I do think the exam was easy.

My experience is :

get the NCEES sample questions, and make sure you really understand every one of them. I mean it, don't asked me why. I think many people would agree with me on this one, if they took the April exam.

Do not just focus on the area you already know, instead, put more time on the stuff you are not familiar.

Back