Who else is waiting on California Results!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is everyone so feisty this testing cycle?

There is definitely a different feeling on the board this time around.

Strange...

Echoing what was said in the posts before.

Take it down a notch folks. That and put in each other shoes.

Historically there were never issues here with fake results threads. It was part of the game and yes; some people got upset, call the pranksters names, insulted members, left. Others stayed and are part of the EB family (yes...you did read that correctly). You can call us a mosh pit if you want but there is more than meet the eye here. You just have to experience it to understand.

This time around something, I do not know what, has changed. People are more on the edge and reacting different. It is understandable. I know how it feels. My jurisdiction is always one of the last ones to release results. Luckily for me am the only one from that place here and no one really did care to create a fake results thread. Bottom line is that I feel the pain of those waiting and waiting and waiting. But it is worse when everybody else receives results and you are still waiting so take it easy.

Also, and this is not personal (how the heck it can be...this is an internet forum), it is not anybody's place to ask for someone to be banned. That is the Admins and Mods decision. We do not ban people because they think differently. Period. Also, do not jump and attack someone just because is having a difference with an Admin. Have to see both sides of the coin. In one hand the individual felt offended by the Admin's reaction. Personally and knowing Sap's background I found it hilarious. Jokes are always funnier when serious people make them. CM did not see it that way even when he has been on and off for 5 years. I bet he has been more off than on. But that was between CM and Sapper and we just made it a bit worse. On the other hand No HAHAHAHA may or may not be the best explanation in the world. Again, I found it funny, maybe you did too. CM did not like it a bit. Was he wrong? Was Sapper? It depends how you look at it.

Hate to see good people arguing for insignificant stuff. I do not want to see an issue here because of something that should not be. The Admins said no fake results threads...then this is how it is going to be. Do I like it? No. Can always go back to PPI but here is better so I stay and follow the rules. Is that simple.

By the way. I feel a disturbance in the force. Results may be coming out today. :17:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said ^. I would like to think the whole issue's been peacefully resolved...that's how we do things right? Well except for NJ Mike, but he's an uncivilized heathen.

Okay everybody. I wasn't angry. I wasn't serious about banning. I wrote hahahahaha. NO. and the order of that is important. For one, I wrote that exact same thing on another fake results thread. Second, the hahahahaha being first indicates I'm laughing because I get it, it's funny to do fake results threads. The NO. afterwards indicates no, we can't do fake results. But what I didn't realize was that CM was not trying to make a fake results thread. But my response was still appropriate because it came across to many others as a fake results thread. I explained that to him in a PM. We were good at that point, but then others jumped in and made it really an issue it never needed to become.

That said, I closed it not because I'm on a power trip, but because Road Guy, the board owner, has said in other places behind the scenes that he wants us (the VETS) to take it easy on the test waiters. One of the things we have done in the past is close down all the fake results threads and say no more. It's not personal, it's just trying to keep people from inciting a riot. But, that said, CM wasn't making a fake results thread, he was trying to start a California related discussion. A simple change to the title and we're all in good shape now.

So, back to the issue at hand. Where are my RESULTS goddammit.

Okay everybody. I wasn't angry. I wasn't serious about banning. I wrote hahahahaha. NO. and the order of that is important. For one, I wrote that exact same thing on another fake results thread. Second, the hahahahaha being first indicates I'm laughing because I get it, it's funny to do fake results threads. The NO. afterwards indicates no, we can't do fake results. But what I didn't realize was that CM was not trying to make a fake results thread. But my response was still appropriate because it came across to many others as a fake results thread. I explained that to him in a PM. We were good at that point, but then others jumped in and made it really an issue it never needed to become.

That said, I closed it not because I'm on a power trip, but because Road Guy, the board owner, has said in other places behind the scenes that he wants us (the VETS) to take it easy on the test waiters. One of the things we have done in the past is close down all the fake results threads and say no more. It's not personal, it's just trying to keep people from inciting a riot. But, that said, CM wasn't making a fake results thread, he was trying to start a California related discussion. A simple change to the title and we're all in good shape now.

So, back to the issue at hand. Where are my RESULTS goddammit.

Lost in the mazes of NCEES...or probably just wasn't input by the secretary.

just trying to keep people from inciting a riot.

man that would be the nerdiest riot of all time. just imagine the shear quantity of non-graphing calculators thrown through store windows. the humanity.

51989260.jpg

Seriously though... I'm butthurt about this waiting crap.

like my butt really hurts from sitting for all these hours pressing F5 over and over. Sacramento needs to send out the results so my butt won't hurt anymore

Back