Who dat?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pffttttt NASCAR will entertain me until the end of the bye-weeks for next year.

I was disappointed with the commercials this year. Doritos were ok, Bud was WEAK, I saw a couple of movie trailers I thought were pretty good (The Last Airbender & Robin Hood). Nothing really memorable.

I remember back in the day when the commercials were so great, youtube would get flooded with replays. Now I don't want to look them up.

Another down-side: The Who. I got about 1 minute into their performance before I decided I would rather re-watch the first half in fast-forward.

Really happy for the City of New Orleans. It's been a while since a major championship (for any sport) had that kind of meaning/significance.

I wont turn on espn until the draft, and after that probably not until late summer when pre-season starts, i cant get into baseball...

Major league grapefruit sized balls though for onside kicking it to start the second half of the Superbowl.
Agree! That was a winning team decision.

AND, now that football is over,

BASEBALL!!!!!
I'm just glad the Olympics will be on for a couple weeks, it will fill the gap between now and spring training and March Madness.

Who's your baseball team Mary? I'm embarassed to be a liflelong Mets fan.

i cant get into baseball...
Agreed. There are just too many games. ESPN spends their entire show dedicated to homeruns, strikeouts and "great" catches. After about the first month, they all look the same.

I will say that having a local team that is playing well helps get into it, but not until the playoffs. With the exception of NASCAR and the NFL, I can't watch any regular season game anymore (and I only watch NFL regular season because of the fantasy football leagues I play in). I'll wait for the playoffs and get excited then (March Madness especially).

Last edited:
^^^

Uhhhhhhhh...

...did you just complain about baseball being repetitive and then go on to proclaim your affinity for watching people drive in circles? Here, let me sum up the NASCAR season for you, LEFT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another down-side: The Who. I got about 1 minute into their performance before I decided I would rather re-watch the first half in fast-forward.
mini snick was in a sound sleep napping until The Who started playing, then he woke up crying.

I think The Who probably slept well last night, they looked tired about 5 seconds into their act, I love the who, but at 65 I just dont think they need to be playing live like that anymore, maybe groups like the beach boys can pull that off without looking or sounding bad, but that was hard to listen to

but i will say the guitar play and such sounded great, its just when the singing started...

but still better than Britney, taylor swift, etc,

^^^Uhhhhhhhh...

...did you just complain about baseball being repetitive and then go on to proclaim your affinity for watching people drive in circles? Here, let me sum up the NASCAR season for you, LEFT!
I will admit that not every race is exciting. There are times when even I think they are just driving in circles. But in my defense, I think fans of EVERY sport know that not every game is exciting. I've fallen asleep watching just about every sport on TV (yes, even NASCAR races). I know not every baseball game is (or should be expected to be) played like Game 7 of the World Series, but it's hard for me to give any serious attention to any game (aside from rivalry games) between mid May through the end of August. The early games are fun because it's "Baseball's Back!!", then the end of the season when it's race to the playoffs, but the monotony of the middle stretch is just painful for me to watch. Yes, at this point I would rather watch cars drive in circles.

Personally, I watch the races for when the cars fail to make that left turn. If you're not into the drivers and the rivalries, it can be very difficult to get into watching the races on TV. Like any sport, I would highly encourage you to attend 1 NASCAR race in person. There's something about 800+ horsepower cars driving as fast as they can just inches away from each other that I find exciting. If given the opportunity, I would be a NASCAR driver in a heartbeat.

I think The Who probably slept well last night, they looked tired about 5 seconds into their act, I love the who, but at 65 I just dont think they need to be playing live like that anymore, maybe groups like the beach boys can pull that off without looking or sounding bad, but that was hard to listen to
but i will say the guitar play and such sounded great, its just when the singing started...

but still better than Britney, taylor swift, etc,
They were asleep before the start of the 4th quarter. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a middle of the road pop star again. Don't get me wrong, I like the classic rock. But I like it more on the radio when it was recorded back before the singers got winded from 30 seconds on stage. IMO classic rock sung live sucks.

My wife liked Poison when she was a teenager(probably like most girls) she turns 40 in 5 years, by then I was thinking I could probably get them to play at her birthday party for a couple hundred bucks?

Like any sport, I would highly encourage you to attend 1 NASCAR race in person. There's something about 800+ horsepower cars driving as fast as they can just inches away from each other that I find exciting. If given the opportunity, I would be a NASCAR driver in a heartbeat.
Amen to that. I did attend the last Pepsi 400 in Daytona(now it is called the Coca Cola 400). It is impressive when you hear those cars coming closer to where you are and then when they just drive by you. Now, I do not have any plans to do that again in this lifetime.

i cant get into baseball...
Really? Its the only sport I know of that crams 10 minutes of action into 3 hours.

As for NASCAR, I lost interest in the mid eighties. I used to watch Daytona and talledega 500s every year even after that. Lost interest thought when they started renaming races after corporate sponsors.

Oh, and restrictor plate racing is an abomination before the Lord.

There's something about 800+ horsepower cars driving as fast as they can just inches away from each other that I find exciting. If given the opportunity, I would be a NASCAR driver in a heartbeat.
Agreed. I love NASCAR as well, helps when you have a hometown kid who is tearing things up.

I think it's cool to look at the pit crews and engine crews and find out that some of the pit crews have Engineering grads swapping tires. They'd do anything to get near the action.

March Madness is coming up here soon. It's the period between April and September that Nascar fills when Baseball is a little nausiating. I like baseball, but I get tired of it every day, at least Nascar is only once a week.

I love NASCAR as well, helps when you have a hometown kid who is tearing things up.
Are you talking about Carl Edwards, #99? I think he is from Missouri. He has become a favorite in my home. He gained millions of points when he turned Kyle Bush the other way after a race. Bush hit him on the drivers side first and Carl went after and fish tailed him. It was awsome!!!!! :th_rockon:

Other than that he is well spoken and has a heck of a sense of humor. Helluva driver too.

I was a HUGE Dale Sr. fan. Yes, I cried when I found out he died. However, I did not automatically become a Jr. fan like most other Sr fans did. Over the years I haven't really clung to any 1 driver, except I do hate a couple (Newman & Jimmy Johnson especially). My favorites are Kahne, Stewart, Hamlin, Kyle Bush (but only after he joined Gibbs racing), Edwards, and anyone who wrecks Newman or Johnson.

I also secretly cheer for Regan Smith, but only because my co-worker's oldest son is the car chief (not the crew cheif) for Furniture Row Racing. They're main headquarters is still here in Denver. Gotta root for the home-town team.

Last edited:
Back