Which Practice Exam is more similar to the real thing??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

This is a question that I hope some of you who passed the exam in Mechanical Systems and Mat'ls might be able to answer, but anyone please feel free to chime in.

Out of the NCEES Practice Exam (latest version), Six Minute Solutions (not a practice exam but a lot of people treat it as such), or Lindeburg's Mechanical PE Practice Exam, which do you feel most accurately represents the real exam?

I have heard the NCEES practice exam was way easier than the real  thing and that Lindeburg's exam is way harder.

I am working through all three but there seems to be a wide degree of complexity. 

Thanks!

I skipped the Lindeburgh after getting frustrated with the first few questions.  The exam was nowhere near that difficult.

The NCEES sample exams give a good representation of the level of difficulty and breadth of material that may be encountered on the actual exam.  The NCEES markets them this way for a reason.  Note also that the MERM practice questions are more difficult, and Lindeburg tells you that they are right in the book.  I have no experience with Lindeburg's practice exams, however.  He markets those as being similar to the NCEES test, and they probably are. Lindeburg is pretty trustworthy, IME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back