which book to CHOOSE FROM ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Power PE

Reaction score
[SIZE=24pt]Power System Analysis and Design[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]by J. Duncan Glover , Mulukutla S. Sarma[/SIZE], Thomas Overbye

OR

[SIZE=24pt]The Electrical Engineer's Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam Paperback – [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]by PE Alexander S Graffeo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]HEARD a lot about these two books, i do have wildi, but i think i need one and final reference book. please advice me which book is more beneficial for PE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]thank you all ![/SIZE]

I have both of those books but did not use Glover at all. It's seems like it's a decent book but much of it was duplicated in other references. Also, like some other college texts, it's not geared to teaching you how to quickly solve PE style problems. It's trying to teach you theory. I found Graffeo's book to be very helpful. It gets right to the point. Very good info on wattmeters, lighting, and motors - among other stuff.

I have both of those books but did not use Glover at all. It's seems like it's a decent book but much of it was duplicated in other references. Also, like some other college texts, it's not geared to teaching you how to quickly solve PE style problems. It's trying to teach you theory. I found Graffeo's book to be very helpful. It gets right to the point. Very good info on wattmeters, lighting, and motors - among other stuff.
thank you sir !

thank you sir !
BTW, I actually ordered Wildi after I took the test and wish I'd had it during the test. I passed anyway but I would have been more certain about certain questions. Explanations are very clear and concise. Doing some of the problems should have you well prepared for the PE.

Back