What's on your FORMULA SHEET?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camara in my opinion is a 200+ dollar book with formulas that can be explained found elsewhere. It's just convenient to have.

Does anyone have a good recommendation on what to do after you finish all of the practice tests?

I am doing a lot of theory now, but still want to keep doing problems. My second time through the NCEES and CI, I only missed a few because I took notes on formulas and theory for the ones I missed the first time.
Thoroughly organize your notes and prepare the mother of all formula sheets. Actually I didn't really really use my formula sheets because my two three ring binders were so well organized. Each section had an index showing the pertinent sample test problems, the corresponding numbers and which book they came from. Also, if you haven't done so, work the Spin-Up sample tests.

Even though I didn't really use the formula sheets doing them helped me learn the material even more and cement the the formulas into my mind. I spent about two weeks preparing the formula sheets.

My formula book is basically my #1 goto book. It has all my handwritten notes etc, fast find formulas and tables..It's a book not a sheet :)

PEoct,

It is good that you are solving all of those problems from the various practice exams. However there is one more thing that I would recommend, and that is make sure you understand the key concepts and reasoning behind your soutions and not just the correct answer. One important thing to understand and keep in mind is that if you understand the key concepts and principles you will be able to solve almost any kind of problem that is thrown at you on the exam whether numerical or conceptual. Good luck on the exam, may God bless you to pass it.

PEoct,

It is good that you are solving all of those problems from the various practice exams. However there is one more thing that I would recommend, and that is make sure you understand the key concepts and reasoning behind your soutions and not just the correct answer. One important thing to understand and keep in mind is that if you understand the key concepts and principles you will be able to solve almost any kind of problem that is thrown at you on the exam whether numerical or conceptual. Good luck on the exam, may God bless you to pass it.
To add to it, when you are solving the questions, make sure not just splitting out answer but understand the core and where to find it quickly if needed for reference on formula or code...

PEoct,

To add to it, when you are solving the questions, make sure not just splitting out answer but understand the core and where to find it quickly if needed for reference on formula or code...
thank you thank you . this is exactly what i am aiming for this time :) u guys are awesome !

In fact, good luck to you too oolongt and to everyone else who's taking the exam this time around.
thankyou . feel so good to have best wishes around. may u all get best of everything what life has to serve. :)

I am curious if anyone here has tried the Kaplan Exam? It seems way harder than the other practice exams so I am not sure if it is worth trying to get through it again.

I tried the Kaplan exam last time. it is lot tougher than the original exam. I got a total of 34 when I took the exam. So, don't worry much on it but will help for sure.

I tried NCEES sample exam, CI and work on the Ppi questions in the book. Tried Spinup for 1 sample

IMHO,

CI = work on your fundamental and helps your understanding on the core subjects

NCEES = stimulate the real exam format

ppi = some helps on the fundamental but most of it just confused the hell of you!

SpinUP = see CI but if you going to spend $ on one..i suggest CI

I'm glad someone agrees on the PPI exams. They do confuse the hell out of you and pull slot of random questions out of the air which lead to their EPRM only.

Kduff,

You may want to add Glover and Sarma as a reference. He has really good information on faults (balanced & unbalanced) and system protection. He also has really good examples for many of the topics that you have been going over in Grainger. In my opinion the Glover and Sarma text is better than Grainger's text. Also add Theodore Wildi's text as well, his text is very good for looking things up because he covers a broad range of topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even opened Wildi yet. I saw the recommendation on which chapters to review, but I don't feel like reading through 15 chapters with two weeks to go. I'll use Wildi as my hail mary book.

Have you looked at the index for wildi? Good luck. It's got a lot of material but almost too much to touch. It's my all in last resort.

Latest posts

Back