What was most painful for you?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FE - it was so long ago, I don't remember... i guess, like childbirth.

PE application - it was long and took awhile. not difficult, just long.

PE exam - the hardest was my second time. when i got the letter saying i failed with a 69 -- one measly point. Thank you The Hills Have Eyes Part 3. I watched this movie a few days later and didn't feel so bad. Those poor saps stranded in the desert had it bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the hardest thing is remembering what was the hardest ... I can't seem to remember that far back! :eek:ldtimer:

today is July 24th and I almost called home to see if the results came in the mail, but Im not that much of an optimust. but I spell like and engineer
:appl: :appl: :appl:

JR

tough call. we'll go with:
pe app- in texas its a bear. and tracking people down over 3 jobs and 4 states- whoopie!

pe exam- its open book, how hard can it be? ;-) for me it was just a matter of putting the time in, in the end it wasnt bad. i fully expected to pass, as i put the time in

fe exam- they give you the equations. if the question isnt in one of the equations youre screwed, but so is everyone else.
I agree with the order squishles10 listed.

The detail you have to put into describing all the work you have done under different supervisors on the TX app was MUCH more of a headache than a friend of mine who only had to list the supervisors name, the names of the projects, and the reference's contact info for his state's app. Plus the fact that the entire time you are writing the descriptions, there is this nagging feeling in the back of your head telling you that if you do not describe your work history right, they may not think you have had enough experience and could turn your application down. (Did happen to another friend of mine!)

I invested a good amount of time into studying for the PE over a nice stretch, so the test wasn't as bad as I was first fearing.

I remember taking the FE in college and it feeling like just one big final.

Back