What did you think?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel so much better after reading all of your responses. This is the second time I took it and I thought it was SOOOO Much different then last time. I prepared myself based a lot on the last test and when I started the morning session the knot in my stomach just got tighter and tighter. I thought the morning part was so much harder then the afternoon. I too mismanaged my time trying to answer some of the harder morning questions, when I finally started skipping them I was able to make up some time, but not enough and had to guess on quite a few just to get my bubbles filled in before time was called.

In the afternoon I felt so much more confident in my time and the answers I was getting. Some of the units threw me off here and there and I didn't have references for a few look up questions, but all in all I walked out of the afternoon part with my stomach untied at least!

And I am so glad I had my NCEES practice questions with me, it helped on more then one question.

I'm just glad I'm not alone!

And If I have to take it again I'm not taking it in October, I need a break from all the studying, I can't get right back into the swing of it, plus the April exam is sooo much closer to where I live that getting prepared to leave to take the exam caused so much less anxiety I felt so much better when I showed up for the exam.

I too struggled in the morning and had a better experience in the afternoon. Hopefully this will all come out in the wash when NCEES grades the exams and we all passed! Good job everyone!

Since earlier in this thread there was some discussion of references that were effective, I thought I'd share this quick story / exam experience pertaining to a reference I found particularly useful...In the middle of the test, somehow my calculator (which I only have about six months experience with, of course!) decided it wanted to change itself to 'fractional display' mode. After a few frantic button pushings in a desperate attempt to return the S.O.B to normal display, I began thinking that it was going to be an interesting remainer of the session if I had to try and hand convert fractions. Then I remembered that I brought the manual, which I thought was just a "going through the motions" type of thing from some advice I picked up somewhere along the way in preparation. I'm sure eventually I would have figured out how to switch modes, but having the manual definitely saved me time and years of my life I'm sure in the long run.

Oooooooooh! I remember that happening to me during study, and learning how to deal with it. I can see that easily being a panic-inducing moment, if it hadn't happened to you before.

Back