What did you Engineer Today?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grading plans for a 200+ space parking lot expansion. Also prepping for a comment resolution meeting this afternoon for the same project.

Trying to diplomatically tell a bunch of proposing teams why they weren't selected for a large contract.

To weed out the dumbfucks!!!

1 hour presentation begging for work and then Spent 5 hours arguing with attorneys over compensable delay, contract time, and scheduled completion..

I thought I got through the process for a change, only to be told that I had left out several steps/approvals that were needed.

Screw that ****. The approval process has gotten ri-dic ri-dic ridiculous.

An adjustable speed DC drive system coupled with a counter-torquing AC VFD system to achieve thermal stability within a motor control center.  All with the capability of remote control/monitoring.  :thumbs:
What interface do you use to remote control/monitor?  All of the rooms we design are controlled with Automation Direct or Allen Bradley PLC's.  

What interface do you use to remote control/monitor?  All of the rooms we design are controlled with Automation Direct or Allen Bradley PLC's.  
Since I work for Rockwell (Allen-Bradley), I'm using the PowerFlex line of drives (various models).  While a PLC is a great (albeit sophisticated) way to monitor drive parameters, I'm using their proprietary software called DriveMonitor.

I don't really get to 'engineer' much anymore.  I'd love to go back to being a Draftsman/Designer.  Life was so much better.

Also, hope all is well with everyone here, I've not been around much.

Last night I got called into help with the engineering side of a emergency mobile substation set.  One of our substation transformers failed (field reports said it was making a gurgling sound, which is not good at all).  1130 customers out of power.  Working for a utility may not be very glamorous, but providing an essential service makes a big difference in people's daily lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I work for Rockwell (Allen-Bradley), I'm using the PowerFlex line of drives (various models).  While a PLC is a great (albeit sophisticated) way to monitor drive parameters, I'm using their proprietary software called DriveMonitor.
Ah cool, I didn't know you worked there.  

I made an EIT cry.

Kinda deserves it but I feel guilty.
you too?! I told him that geometry is important in this line of work. Ifyou can't figure it out and/or are no good at it, then he better get the **** out.

you too?! I told him that geometry is important in this line of work. Ifyou can't figure it out and/or are no good at it, then he better get the **** out.
whoa. he is going to love working for you.

whoa. he is going to love working for you.
well, in my defense, this kid has been taught, explained, encouraged and now yelled at to get things correct. It's thyme to **** or get off the pot

EDIT: and he caught me in a bad fuckin mood too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back