What Color was the Pencil?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green too in PA. I have already purchased a red and blue one for the price of $265 each. Hopefully the green one I can get reimbursed for. I saved the green one for framing purposes if we ever get the results!

White with green lettering and a green rubber grip section, for me. We were instructed not to discuss the color of the eraser though.
We did not get to keep it. :( $300 for an exam and all I got was free earplugs.
they gave you ear plugs????

wow, they didn't give us ear plugs when I took the exam a few years back. I feel cheated.
Ear plugs? I brought my own earplugs. Well anyway it was white and green. I still have mine. Had no idea I wasn't suppose to take it. A couple of people took there pencil. They weren't actively collecting them or at least didn't make it a big issue

[RANT]Here at EB.com, every test taking season, we post threads about the color of the pencil. It's a fun, light-hearted way of spurring conversation about the test between current test takers and former test takers. But, within each of those threads, there is always something that comes to light that bothers me considerably. SOME TEST LOCATIONS DO NOT ALLOW TEST TAKERS TO KEEP THEIR PENCILS. THIS IS WRONG. I think it is terrible that the majority of us on here get to keep our pencils as a souvenir, as a conversation piece to be displayed in our office. One member here at EB.com had his professionally framed with the state PE license. That is awesome.

The fact that some PE candidates are not given that opportunity is a shame.

NCEES, if you're reading this; please make an effort to 'encourage' all test locations to let those test takers have the opportunity to 'take a little something' from the experience. If it's too much to ask, I'd be willing to bet that most test takers wouldn't mind an additional 50 cents added to the exam fee to ensure the souvenir pencil can be obtained.

[/RANT]

[RANT]Here at EB.com, every test taking season, we post threads about the color of the pencil. It's a fun, light-hearted way of spurring conversation about the test between current test takers and former test takers. But, within each of those threads, there is always something that comes to light that bothers me considerably. SOME TEST LOCATIONS DO NOT ALLOW TEST TAKERS TO KEEP THEIR PENCILS. THIS IS WRONG. I think it is terrible that the majority of us on here get to keep our pencils as a souvenir, as a conversation piece to be displayed in our office. One member here at EB.com had his professionally framed with the state PE license. That is awesome.

The fact that some PE candidates are not given that opportunity is a shame.

NCEES, if you're reading this; please make an effort to 'encourage' all test locations to let those test takers have the opportunity to 'take a little something' from the experience. If it's too much to ask, I'd be willing to bet that most test takers wouldn't mind an additional 50 cents added to the exam fee to ensure the souvenir pencil can be obtained.

[/RANT]
Here's one for you.........I'm not sure if I would have been able to keep my pencil or not, but I probably missed out on an opportunity that few, or none, have had before. I took the SEII exam in the fall. About half way through the afternoon portion, my pencil ran out of lead, I believe it was the green version. I asked the woman in charge of my section for another pencil. She was happy to fill my request, and gave me another pencil. This time the pencil was black.

Therefore, if removing pencils from the site was allowed, I could have walked away with two pencils of a different color.

Green too in PA. I have already purchased a red and blue one for the price of $265 each. Hopefully the green one I can get reimbursed for. [SIZE=18pt]I saved the green one for framing purposes[/SIZE] if we ever get the results!
I think this is a really cool idea. I'd like to see pictures of how others have done it though.

Back