Water Modeling programs?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftlady07

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with EPANET water modeling program. I am trying to model a water system where there is a check valve that I want to open (so water flows back through the other way) if a tank reaches a certain level. Does anyone know how to word the control to make this operation true?

Thanks in Advance!

Andrea

Sorry but can't help. I use WaterCAD.
Thanks anyway, my company won't buy waterCAD (or sewerCAD :( ).

I just added another pipe to the network that is closed and worded the operation to allow that pipe to open if the tank reaches a certain level. I think it worked :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What version of EPAnet are you using? It has been awhile but I still have my copy somewhere form where I took potable water treatment and distribution in collge. :eek:hmy:

Haestead Methods line of software is MUCH better equipped to handle such situations, especially since they allow easy integration for the types of appurtenances you would need to have conditional operating features.

Have you looked into the student license for WaterCAD? I am assuming you aren't designing anything too terribly complicated if you are using EPANet.

JR

WaterCAD is pretty cheap for this type of software. Especially if you are only modeling small stuff. I think a 250 pipe license for the basic program is only like $2,000.

Back