Water/Env Afternoon Difficulty Level

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that the AM portion was definitely manageable. I felt pretty confident during lunch. The PM portion was your typical PM - pretty in depth as far as what they asked for. I left scratching my head, wondering where they had come up with some of those questions. But I think that I survived the PM.

ktulu

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that the AM portion was definitely manageable. I felt pretty confident during lunch. The PM portion was your typical PM - pretty in depth as far as what they asked for. I left scratching my head, wondering where they had come up with some of those questions. But I think that I survived the PM.
ktulu
I did good in the PM......i felt overall AM portion was difficult.

well, if your user name is any indication, you probably did do well in the PM. I deal with asphalt pavements every day, so most if the material was new to me. But I wasn't touching Geotech - been there, done that.

I didn't think either portion was EXTREMELY difficult. The morning questions were relatively easy and straight forward in my opinion. The afternoon questions were a little more in depth; however, I thought that they were manageable.

I had studied using the Lindberg book and the accompanying sample exams. sample exams kicked my butt. But the actual test seemed a lot easier for both sessions. I was glad to be pleasantly surprised by the difficulty than vice-versa.

Still waiting...

I thought the afternoon portion of the water resources/environmental was evil....mainly because of the amount of environmental now on the exam. It used to be that the Water Resources portion of the PE was the way to go for the afternoon portion....not anymore....

If I could recommend an area to take for the afternoon....definitely take the transporation portion...much much better than Environmental....

If I could recommend an area to take for the afternoon....definitely take the transporation portion...much much better than Environmental....
You just can't make a reasonable blanket statement like that... other than "there's too much environmental", why do you say this?

Back