Waiting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amry69

Reaction score
So looks like we get to wait at least another month based on what I could decipher. NCEES is forming a committee to evaluate the difficulty of the test. They will meet June 16 and 17 after which they will post results. Reportedly, the committee has no say on pass/fail for the April 2011 exam so why we need to wait doesn't make sense. I have a feeling the pass rate was either really low or really high and it has them concerned. At any rate that's what I get for taking the first version of a test.

So looks like we get to wait at least another month based on what I could decipher. NCEES is forming a committee to evaluate the difficulty of the test. They will meet June 16 and 17 after which they will post results. Reportedly, the committee has no say on pass/fail for the April 2011 exam so why we need to wait doesn't make sense. I have a feeling the pass rate was either really low or really high and it has them concerned. At any rate that's what I get for taking the first version of a test.
I'm gonna go with the really low..... I'm just glad I passed the Structural I back in October before they did away with it!

I hope that the graders can read my writing first of all. The wait is more painfull given the fact that all the PE results have been released.

^^ Wrong forum? :dunno:

The word around here is correct that the SE exam pass/fail hasn't been decided yet.

Hello all, I took the saturday test, LATERAL forces. I took the test in Virginia. I was the only one taking the exam at the test center.

Any body else took the LATERAL forces test in VA? how busy was it at your site?

I think the fewer candidates taking the test the better chances to get a passing score, what is your opinion on that?

Was I the only one taking the saturday exam in the whole USA ?...lol

Hello all, I took the saturday test, LATERAL forces. I took the test in Virginia. I was the only one taking the exam at the test center.Any body else took the LATERAL forces test in VA? how busy was it at your site?

I think the fewer candidates taking the test the better chances to get a passing score, what is your opinion on that?

Was I the only one taking the saturday exam in the whole USA ?...lol
I took both VERTICAL FORCES and LATERAL FORCES in Austin Texas. There were only two of us who chose BUILDINGS and one person who chose BRIDGES.

Texas is one of the biggest states in the Union,,,,,,,,,,,and only two of you building guys at your Austin testing site?

wow,,,very strange

I took both VERTICAL FORCES and LATERAL FORCES in Austin Texas. There were only two of us who chose BUILDINGS and one person who chose BRIDGES.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took both Vertical and Lateral tests at the Fort Worth, TX testing site. 18 of us showed up on the second day for the Lateral exam.

I took the Vertical and Lateral test in NH and there were 5 or 6 of us taking it. Most were builidng. Only one bridge guy I know for sure.

Thanks guys for the replies.

I was shocked taking the test by myself, I guess the more the merrier!

I took the buildings test, make a couple of silly mistakes in the AM and went the wrong way in one of the PM problems,, otherwise I would feeel pretty confident on a passing score.

How did you guys did on saturday? I found the test kinda easy

Sounds like a pretty elite group. I'll be intersted to se the stats on how many took it and the pass rate.

There were about 100 the first day in Chicago, then 90 the second day.
wow,,, that many in Chicago, It appears all the structural engineer are concentrated in IL and TX
If the pass rates are over 60%, then I will jump on board and take them both. If they aren't, I still will jump on board, but with less optimism. If the pass rates are at the 60% range, I would speculate that the difficulty is on the realm of the SE 2. We'll see. I'm guessing it's around 40% nationally, but that's just one man's opinion.

There were about 100 the first day in Chicago, then 90 the second day.
wow,,, that many in Chicago, It appears all the structural engineer are concentrated in IL and TX
If the pass rates are over 60%, then I will jump on board and take them both. If they aren't, I still will jump on board, but with less optimism. If the pass rates are at the 60% range, I would speculate that the difficulty is on the realm of the SE 2. We'll see. I'm guessing it's around 40% nationally, but that's just one man's opinion.
Personally, I think they will be lower than 40%. The SEI was previously always around 40% so I cannot imagine that the SEI and II (basically) would be higher than it.

I fully expect a pass rate of 30%, but perhaps that is just me hoping that the SE designation does not get "watered down" with an ease in standards.

epitome,

I agree with you on the "lower than 40%" initially, but I think the beginning results will likely be in the 30's and move to the mid 40's once the NCEES cut scores are more established. Right now, they set the bar high and probably error on the side of being too stringent.

Of course, we'll know in about 1.5 months anyway... :)

Back