Waiting Sucks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SC does not get their results first....I wish we did though.
Have you looked at the results spreadsheet in the other subforum?

Fall 2007 - SC was 1st

Spring 2008 - 9 states reported before SC, but SC was only 2 days behind the first one

Fall 2008 - SC was 1st (along with 8 others)

Spring 2009 - SC was 1st (along with 10 others)

I'd say you do......

Have you looked at the results spreadsheet in the other subforum?
Fall 2007 - SC was 1st

Spring 2008 - 9 states reported before SC, but SC was only 2 days behind the first one

Fall 2008 - SC was 1st (along with 8 others)

Spring 2009 - SC was 1st (along with 10 others)

I'd say you do......
I made that spreadsheet, and I can safely say that all dates are plus or minus 2 days because they are derived solely from people getting onto the forums and letting us know when they got results. Sometimes, if they don't include an exact time/date when they received the results, we only have their posting time to go by and that may be a couple days off if they "celebrated" before posting.

I say that because it would explain the 2 day delay in APR08. SC has always had the first results, along with all of the other ELSES email states, since they started emailing results.

hey lets not disrupt the garage band of monikers with facts! ;)

composed for free none the less.....

^^^^^I always thought that ELSES was NCEES little kid. What do I know?

ELSES used to mail the results to the candidates on most of the states they served. I do not know how it is now.

I am glad to see that I am not the only fan of Results Stats. I stepped down but MIG did a great summary. Thank You mate!!!!!

^Wilheldp you mean.

i think most states are moving towards email notification. MI was not last year - my admission letter for this Oct though says we will be notified via email [from ncees] now when results are available.

Last edited by a moderator:
The e-mail notification is something new(since a year and a half ago????). They started doing that and I think it has accelerated the results delivery process. But to be honest I should not be talking about it because I know nothing about what is going on now. But when I was into it ELSES was like a NCEES favorite test administration company and the fastest one also. I learned about others, like EES(Extra Extra Slow) and Castle(for some state in the North).

It is good they are using the web to deliver the results now. It saves time to the poor unfortunate waiting souls.

Note: Texas used to be the first state to get results a few years ago. Who is the leader now? SC?

maybe this is a silly question, but can someone tell me why it takes them this long to run a scantron?

i'm just guessing here, but i think the delay is in the statistical analysis of the answer sheets - i was under the impression that stochastic models were employed to determine / adjust cut scores. .

[edit] ie its not just an automatic X out Y for the scantron sheets for pass /fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is because they are hand scored by a single individual. . .i think he works for PPI

Back