WA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my license in the mail and was a little surprised that my license expires in 6 months. Just get it and then have to pay the state again to renew it :smileyballs:

Anyone elses expire that soon?

Got my license in the mail and was a little surprised that my license expires in 6 months. Just get it and then have to pay the state again to renew it :smileyballs:
Anyone elses expire that soon?
I believe it expires on your birthday. Mine is today, but fortunately the license is good till 2012 for me. Will your company pay the renewal?

I believe it expires on your birthday. Mine is today, but fortunately the license is good till 2012 for me. Will your company pay the renewal?

Only the wallet size and DOL database for me so far too. Anyone know the proceedure from here on? Do they mail instruction for the stamp when they send the wall cert? The website is a little unclear, and I don't recall additional instruction on the pass notice other than "12 wks yada". BTW, mine renews Sept. 2012 (sounds like there was a min. of 6 mo's or the following year for renew.)

Finally got my wall certificate yesterday...sure looks nice. Now I just need to get something to hang it in.

Recieved my wall cert. on July 8th. No other instructions. I might be beating a dead horse, but I'm still curious if WA state sends out information for getting a stamp. I read other posts that instructions are sent on getting a stamp and sending in an example, you'd have 30 days to comply, etc.

Recieved my wall cert. on July 8th. No other instructions. I might be beating a dead horse, but I'm still curious if WA state sends out information for getting a stamp. I read other posts that instructions are sent on getting a stamp and sending in an example, you'd have 30 days to comply, etc.
From the WA state DOL:

Each registrant hereunder shall upon registration obtain a seal of the design authorized by the board, bearing the registrant's name and the legend "registered professional engineer" or "registered land surveyor". Plans, specifications, plats and reports prepared by the registrant shall be signed, dated, and stamped with said seal or facsimile thereof. Such signature and stamping shall constitute a certification by the registrant that the same was prepared by or under his or her direct supervision and that to his or her knowledge and belief the same was prepared in accordance with the requirements of the statute. It shall be unlawful for anyone to stamp or seal any document with said seal or facsimile thereof after the certificate of registrant named thereon has expired or been revoked, unless said certificate shall have been renewed or reissued.
Acceptable seal formats are also listed on the WA DOL website here. As others (including myself) on EB.com have recommended, engineerseals.com is very good for stamp purchasing (including digital seals). Hope that helps.

I got my stamp ordered right after I received my license number. I ordered it from a local store that creates custom stamps. All they needed was some proof that I was licensed and the print out from the WA licensing department that showed my number was acceptable. It was quick and easy and cost around $50 I think, surprisingly I got my company to pay for it.

Back