Virginia Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if we passed, does this mean we are PE's officially now? (We can call ourselves PE?) Or do we have to wait for the card to come in the mail? Or just for the website to update?

Congratulations new PE's! poosri you can do it in April! Dig in, study and get er done....

Congratulations VA PEs!

I failed. Tis all. Not sure I can bare to study for this again.

The waiting continues. Waiting on DPOR to update their site so I can get a number to make it official at work.

The waiting continues. Waiting on DPOR to update their site so I can get a number to make it official at work.
Any idea when this will happen? Being an almost PE is no fun!
I'll take it over failing. I have no idea as to when. I was hoping it wouldn't be long after results being released, being sometimes the DPOR site is the first place to have results posted in past years.

I'm not sure if it is the same anymore, but when I passed, the candidate number they assigned me when I applied ultimately became my license number. So, you may already have a license number, just don't know it yet. Also, you can log on to the online services online services link - click me and you might see the information you're looking for there. But, keep in mind, it's been a long time since I care about checking those locations for information, so maybe things have changed.

I'm not sure if it is the same anymore, but when I passed, the candidate number they assigned me when I applied ultimately became my license number. So, you may already have a license number, just don't know it yet. Also, you can log on to the online services online services link - click me and you might see the information you're looking for there. But, keep in mind, it's been a long time since I care about checking those locations for information, so maybe things have changed.
Thanks for the tip. Mine still only shows my EIT, but the format of that number seems to match other license numbers. Maybe that becomes the license number?

Has DPOR updated for anyone yet? We have a lot of project proposals going out so it would be nice if we could put PE on them.

I wonder if they never received my ethics questionaire!

I just called the VA board- they got pass fail results from NCEES and in order to release license numbers they have to have a number score to enter in to their software that issues the licenses. They hope to complete the score entry this week. We should have licenses soon.! I was worried they lost my ethics exam....but they got it on file! (I had a different state board loose my transcript before, so I lack confidence in at least one other state board, and hoped loosing paperwork was not an epidemic) Evidently VA has it together...YAY Commonwealth of VA!

I emailed APELS/DPOR and they responded with this:

We are still in the process of issuing the licenses, so while the results notification your received is valid, you are not yet a licensed professional engineer. We anticipate the licenses being issued in the next week or so; you will see your information online once your license has been issued.

Back