Vacation Packages?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story, vent. That sounds exactly like something my brother-in-law would do. He's the king of confrontation, and I love hearing his stories. I'm more the passive-aggressive type.

One of my college buddies married a Disney freak. I think she has literally been to Disney every year since she was 2 or something like that. At least they have kids now, so it isn't as weird.

<--- never been to Disney, and don't really want to go.

The kids aren't really into Disney. My daughter likes a couple of the movies, and has most of the Barbie-sized dolls, but she's more into Legos. My son is a Lego freak too (just like his father :D ), so Legoland in San Diego tends to be a bit more enjoyable and definitely cheaper (thanks YMZ for the tix).

Last edited by a moderator:
<--- part of honeymoon was at Disneyland/California Adventure...didn't have bridal ears (or any ears). Got a quick picture with Mickey as we were leaving the park...no line, no kids.

When you go back as an adult, you get to ride everything you want to ride. It's a chance to enjoy the park without being a whiny kid or having your whiny kid around. The level of detail that goes into Disney isn't going to show up at a Six Flags.

It's the motherfrickin' happiest place on earth...why should that only be for kids?

<--- part of honeymoon was at Disneyland/California Adventure...didn't have bridal ears (or any ears). Got a quick picture with Mickey as we were leaving the park...no line, no kids.

When you go back as an adult, you get to ride everything you want to ride. It's a chance to enjoy the park without being a whiny kid or having your whiny kid around. The level of detail that goes into Disney isn't going to show up at a Six Flags.

It's the motherfrickin' happiest place on earth...why should that only be for kids?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with adults at the park and I can certainly appreciate getting to do things with out the kids in tow. The Magic Kingdom just wouldn't be one of those places I'd want to go due to the fact there are so many exhausted kids (and in my previous story parents like me) who can be a drain on your day. I usually don't care that adults want their pictures taken either, I just don't understand it. I guess its mostly the fact that I see adults talking to the characters like they are really a princess and not a teenager in a costume.

We experienced more times than not, the adult solo Disney people trying to bump us out of line at a parade, trying to get a better spot(over a kid) waiting for fireworks, etc...

When you take a little kid to Disney and they have to fight some asshole who usually has had their fair share of turkey legs over the spot your already sitting at waiting for the parade it kind of pisses you off...

Then your wife gets mad at you when you say "hey dumbo, your sitting on my kid"

I've also only gone to Disney as an adult in the offseason, to minimize the number of kids. I think Disney IS for kids, so I would never bump a kid from a place.

Unless they were an asshole. ;)

I've also only gone to Disney as an adult in the offseason, to minimize the number of kids. I think Disney IS for kids, so I would never bump a kid from a place.

Unless they were an asshole. ;)

......and it was Lent..... :p

Depends on age.

At one ride, there were a group of young teenagers up ahead, and another teenager was pushing his way through the line up to the turnstyle to catch up with his friends. I'm sorry, but you're not 4 years old trying to catch up with your family, so you can wait the f*ck in line.

Just as he tried to push us out of the way to run through the turnstyle, I grabbed the handle on the top of his backpack, pulled him out of the way, and just said "you can wait in line like the rest of us." He looked like he'd seen a ghost. Guy and his daughter behind us just laughed.

<--Went to Disney World for family vacation when 20.

First place I had to start looking for wedding rings. Apparently, lots of young hotties honeymoon at Disney World.

Liked Epcot, but Magic Kingdom was too kiddish. Ended up at the water park, instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lounge at the resort after 9PM was MILF central. Dump the kids off with dad, lower inhibitions. Sadly, it is difficult trying to pick up any of these ladies when you've got a girlfriend on one arm and 6 year old on the other.

Back