Using the NCEES FE Reference Manual for the PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidty99

Reaction score
Has anyone used this to study for the PE? How about taking it to the exam on test day? I haven't heard anyone mention it at all. I breifly looked at it and seems like something that should help to study since has all or at least many of the equations in one place. I'll be taking the Electrical/Electronics exam next spring hopefully. Its the right price too, a FREE download off the NCEES website! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used this to study for the PE? How about taking it to the exam on test day? I haven't heard anyone mention it at all. I breifly looked at it and seems like something that should help to study since has all or at least many of the equations in one place. I'll be taking the Electrical/Electronics exam next spring hopefully. Its the right price too, a FREE download off the NCEES website! Thanks in advance!!
I did not use it to study, but did use it in the exam. However, I think it was just for a conversion ratio, since the FERM has a list that is easy to find and fairly comprehensive.

I did not use it for any theory or concept reasons I don't believe.

But hey, if it helped me answer just one question correctly, it was worth taking, right?

I took parts of it to the exam; pretty sure I used it for the econ question(s) but don't recall if I did for anything else. I'd take it along, couldn't hurt.

Back