Useful Online Videos To Compliment Studying?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btcs31

Reaction score
I'm in the process of studying for the April exam and have the usual armory of reference materials and practice problems. I was wondering if anyone has come across any beneficial youtube videos or channels which are a nice complement to the text based study materials frequently discussed here.

Complex Imaginary appears to have a series of videos. Has anyone watched these and are they worth the time?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ComplexImaginary/videos

I'd even be open to channels covering general E&M topics that may not necessarily be critical to passing the exam but would help to improve overall understanding. For example overviews on the operation of different types of motors.

Again my primary focus is practice problems, but some videos would be a nice change of pace to break up the studying.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I will plan on using the search feature in the future before asking for information already available.

I liked the CI videos. I would suggest watching them some time when you couldn't otherwise spread out all the books to work problems (lunch break, doctor's office, etc.).

I have also picked up some lectures on YouTube. Some are too academic, but some are to the point.

Example: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHaqiX3DJwQ

Humorous in that case.

MIT has the whole ece program online, but it's too much material to digest.

I find Mike Holt hard to follow sometimes, but his code review stuff can be helpful. Keep in mind that he is geared toward electricians and their exams.

I am interested in videos as a supplement as well. I am attacking this on every front (textbook studying, textbook problems, exam style problems, videos, whatever). My opinion is that the only way to prepare is to over-prepare.

C&I videos are good and worthwhile. On YouTube, do a search on the particular PE topics. You may have to wade through a few until you see one that works for you. But it's definitely a worthwhile endeavor. A Google search for written material also brings up good stuff.

Back