UNION STRIKE KILLS THE TWINKIE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CbusPaul

CbusPaul
Reaction score
Hostess went out of business. No more Twinkies or Ho-Ho's. Most of my food groups are now gone. Hopefully the brands are bought by someone else. :censored:

Geeze...most of the bread brands we buy are on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does that happen bread is a staple food

Twinkies, nature's most perfect food with the infinite shelf life.

Gonna go buy every one at the store right now.

I wonder if the striking union employees (ex employees) will think differently about their negotiations in their next job?

Geeze...most of the bread brands we buy are on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does that happen bread is a staple food
I'm pretty sure I have never bought any brand on that list.
  • Beefsteak - since I can't get Rosen's rye bread this is next best thing around here
  • Bread du Jour - favorite dinner rolls
  • Butternut Breads - way better than wodner bread but it has limited availability by us, used to eat it all the time when we lived in urban areas

• Nature's Pride we buy their whole wheats or healthier variety like honey oat etc...
  • Wonder Bread the brand name white bread we have more of

the wonder/hostess outlet store in town will likely go away then too...not that they were any cheaper...just closer to expiration.

Its the end of the world as we know it....

/>http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/NATL-Twinkies-Maker-Hostess-Going-Out-of-Business-179643161.html

No more Zingers...no more DingDongs...

18,500 jobs lost.

Obamanomics:

The company cited increasing pension and medical costs for employees as one of the drivers behind its latest filing.

“Most employees who lose their jobs should be eligible for government-provided unemployment benefits," Hostess said.

The brands are for sale as part of the liquidation. Those that can be produced at a profit will likely be put back into production by another company.

I'm pretty sure I have never bought any brand on that list.
  • Beefsteak - since I can't get Rosen's rye bread this is next best thing around here
  • Bread du Jour - favorite dinner rolls
  • Butternut Breads - way better than wodner bread but it has limited availability by us, used to eat it all the time when we lived in urban areas

• Nature's Pride we buy their whole wheats or healthier variety like honey oat etc...
  • Wonder Bread the brand name white bread we have more of

the wonder/hostess outlet store in town will likely go away then too...not that they were any cheaper...just closer to expiration.
There are other bread brands out there. I don't think I have ever purchased any of those brands of bread. We don't buy white bread so that knocks a few off the list right away.

18,500 jobs lost.

Obamanomics:

The company cited increasing pension and medical costs for employees as one of the drivers behind its latest filing.

“Most employees who lose their jobs should be eligible for government-provided unemployment benefits," Hostess said.

I can't draw a line from your statements to Obamanomics. . . health care costs have been skyrocketing since the Clinton days, and pension costs are a function of demographics and promises made back in the 80s and 90s.

I think it has more to do with the unions refusing to step up and accept their share of the burden.

Back