Ultimate Book Cart

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I kept mine right next to me and used it as a bookshelf.

people definitely wished they had done something like that instead of using a suitcase. When I saw people rummaging through their suitcases, it looked stressful. However, the tables have plenty of room, so you could store a lot on the tabletop if you had to.

Seems way excessive, just go down into your basement and grab a nice medium sized luggage bag with wheels and you will be fine. I don't believe weatherproofing the cart is necessary, afterall its only about a 50 yard walk from the car to the exam room! But then again if you are structural you probably use a 3x factor of safety for everything. Good Luck!

I just used a collapsible hand cart from Staples. It was pretty full, and had a little room for my snacks and drinks, but it worked out fine. I ended up using every book I brought, and did not need something I left home. I wasn't sure if I would have too much or too little information, since April '10 was my first time.

The woman at my table brought way too many books, books that had to be 100 years old, and she set them up on the table using those metal bookends. I swear she didn't use one of them.

Seems way excessive, just go down into your basement and grab a nice medium sized luggage bag with wheels and you will be fine. I don't believe weatherproofing the cart is necessary, afterall its only about a 50 yard walk from the car to the exam room! But then again if you are structural you probably use a 3x factor of safety for everything. Good Luck!

I used two crates, same cart, and bungee cords to secure them. I got lucky, and there were breaks in the rain when I was walking into the test and then out of the test. I had a poncho in my backpack to drape over it just in case. If you bring a luggage bag, you will not have a shelf right next to you, so you will have to look at the ground, dig around in a suitcase, etc, and that isn't very efficient. It was nice being able to look to my right and get a book quickly during the exam. I feel like it definitely helped me with speed. I saw plenty of people digging through suitcases frantically.

Maybe you could rig a luggage bag with an internal divider system that could act like shelves... but that would probably amount to putting milk/office crates into the bag.

The guy next to me was electrical, and had 2 books. So, of course, his 2 books were up on the table. Before the exam, I said "so... only 2 books, huh?" he said "yeah... I probably should have brought more." YA THINK?

Back