TX-PE results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the last time I went through this was last December. Being in Texas, I did get my grade, ... a 69. It was the low point of my life.
Last December, I was in Christmas Party and then after-party, during which results got posted. Good thing that I didn't have internet on my phone, , and checked my result when I got home....quite a few beers made a score of 67 less-depressing, but the story was different the next morning..

Yeah, the last time I went through this was last December. Being in Texas, I did get my grade, ... a 69. It was the low point of my life.
Last December, I was in Christmas Party and then after-party, during which results got posted. Good thing that I didn't have internet on my phone, , and checked my result when I got home....quite a few beers made a score of 67 less-depressing, but the story was different the next morning..
Yeah, it was not a very Merry Christmas. This is my third time. I am numb, ... however, after all this time to think about it, it still feels like I passed.

Maybe today we will know.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I was in your boat about five years ago. Texas is one of a handful of states that post the results in an online system so you will know before most of your peers in other states. The nice lady that answers the phone & email in Austin is giving it to you straight. Once the results come in, they are released within a few hours. It takes that long to load the database with the results. Expect the results to post on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. As soon as you know the results, you can look up your name and get your PE number (Order that stamp!) You won't get your certificate in the mail for a couple weeks. I know it sucks waiting so long, but you are most likely down to single digits.

Freon

PS - California does get screwed the hardest. Their board has to vote to approve the results at the next scheduled meeting. Those poor bastards have another 5-6 weeks to wait.

I hear ya... I received a 69, two times in a row! Then I finally figured out how to study correctly and got an 85.

For those of you that have taken both the fall and the spring exams previously, do you think there is a difference in difficulty between the two or is that a myth? I also took the April 2010 exam and I'm just wondering if the Fall exam would be harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have taken both the fall and the spring exams previously, do you think there is a difference in difficulty between the two or is that a myth? I also took the April 2010 exam and I'm just wondering if the Fall exam would be harder.
That is a good question! I have taken the spring exam twice (09, 10), and the fall exam once (09).

With very little targeted preparation, I made a 63 on the Apr 09, and with very focused preparation a 69 on the Oct 09.

I definitely think the April tests had an easier morning than in October, but a slightly harder afternoon. This is only valid for the ME with thermal fluids.

That is a good question! I have taken the spring exam twice (09, 10), and the fall exam once (09).
With very little targeted preparation, I made a 63 on the Apr 09, and with very focused preparation a 69 on the Oct 09.

I definitely think the April tests had an easier morning than in October, but a slightly harder afternoon. This is only valid for the ME with thermal fluids.
I second that. I took Oct'09 and April'10, both for MD and for sure afternoon was harder in April exam. The morning felt to comparatively easy though, the second time.

For all Texas ME, PE candidates waiting on your test results, I have attached a spreadsheet that might interest you!

Basically, it compares and charts the past results from the TBPE website, but only ME-vs-PE pass/fail rates between 2001 and 2008.

(this is how I passed the time while waiting on results last year)

TBPE_01_08_Exam_Data_.xls

Rob

Attachments

• TBPE_01_08_Exam_Data_.xls
    45 KB · Views: 97
For all Texas ME, PE candidates waiting on your test results, I have attached a spreadsheet that might interest you!
Basically, it compares and charts the past results from the TBPE website, but only ME-vs-PE pass/fail rates between 2001 and 2008.

(this is how I passed the time while waiting on results last year)

TBPE_01_08_Exam_Data_.xls

Rob
Thanks for the chart. Now, I am more excited to learn that passing April exam is harder than October exam (which I already failed once)

I hear ya... I received a 69, two times in a row! Then I finally figured out how to study correctly and got an 85.
hey mech guy. 69 to 85 is a huge jump and a damn good score! just in case i have to take this thing again, what is the "correct" way to study?

It looks like TBPE is not very optimistic about receiving the result anytime soon.

"No. We get them by mail. Monday would be the earliest we could get them. But there's no reason to expect them yet.

> David,

> Could the results come in on the weekend and if so, will you all post on the weekend?"

It looks like TBPE is not very optimistic about receiving the result anytime soon.
"No. We get them by mail. Monday would be the earliest we could get them. But there's no reason to expect them yet.

> David,

> Could the results come in on the weekend and if so, will you all post on the weekend?"

Yea, I just wrote back and said that; according to this board; several individuals have received results via mail and I thought NCEES would send out to states first then individuals, but I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Yea, I just wrote back and said that; according to this board; several individuals have received results via mail and I thought NCEES would send out to states first then individuals, but I'm just trying to be optimistic.
I saw the reply to your email too. TX is a big state and I don't how big is the number of appearing/passing candidates in comparison to other states but it does seem big (from the spreadsheet). I still feel lucky in comparison the states like CA or RI

I just called NCESS agian and they said Texas results will be mail today or Monday, so IF they overnight them on Monday, TBPE should get them Tuesday afternoon, I bet we are going to see our results Wednesday. I hope they overnight them.

I just called NCESS agian and they said Texas results will be mail today or Monday, so IF they overnight them on Monday, TBPE should get them Tuesday afternoon, I bet we are going to see our results Wednesday. I hope they overnight them.
Thanks for the info. Either way, we will have a good weekend :)

Thanks for letting us know...I can quit my obsession with the TBPE website for the weekend and resume on Monday!

hey mech guy. 69 to 85 is a huge jump and a damn good score! just in case i have to take this thing again, what is the "correct" way to study?

Ballzout. By that I mean in order to pass I studied my arse off every day for over 4 months. I put in well over 300 hours, maybe even 400.

Here's my PE experience:

First time -- took a Testmasters class and barely studied. I decided to just take this as a "practice" exam because I chose to apply at the last second I could. Result? 69.

Second time -- I said to myself, "ok, I was only one point away last time, so I just need to study a little more to put me over the top. right?" WRONG. I did study more, but not enough and got the same result. 69.

Third time -- As soon as I saw that second 69, I started studying from that day until the test day. Every day for hours after work and all day on the weekends. It was quite painful to the family but they were nice enough to live with me through the pain and torment. (my wife must be a saint!)

result: 85.

No trick, no secret. just study your arse off and you'll be fine!

Just so no one gets their hopes up for today, Saturday David fom TBPE posted on the Yahoo group that Texas has not received results from NCEES yet. Figuring it takes 1 day to get the results posted on the TBPE website from when they get them, it will probably be tomorrow at best. Not that it will keep any of us from refreshing the TBPE homepage 1,000 times today. :mail-296:

Back