TX-PE results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed 78 Civil Water Resources....second try....I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
Congrats to everyone that passed and for those of you who didn't, don't give up, it can be done!

I couldn't make it by 3 points, confident enough though that I will get it next time...

You also might have got mail from David that 70 was the cut score.......does anyone have any idea whether any other state has lower than 70 as cut score or its generic....No I am not going to reappear with state having lower cut score (if any), lol....but just curious...

Congrats to everyone that passed and for those of you who didn't, don't give up, it can be done!

I couldn't make it by 3 points, confident enough though that I will get it next time...

You also might have got mail from David that 70 was the cut score.......does anyone have any idea whether any other state has lower than 70 as cut score or its generic....No I am not going to reappear with state having lower cut score (if any), lol....but just curious...
Good luck finding one. the cut score is 70 in all states.. Just be happy that u know u cudn't make it by 3 points. other states, u wud have been wondering ur butt off with the 'f' on the score sheet.

Good luck finding one. the cut score is 70 in all states.. Just be happy that u know u cudn't make it by 3 points. other states, u wud have been wondering ur butt off with the 'f' on the score sheet.
That's true...at least I know where I stand.....call it my ignorance or whatever...I didn't know 70 as the passing score before the exam....came to know just after it...and I was planning that if it's 60%...I am good...nevertheless I estimated right :) ....

I assume that all the questions were weighted equally as per assumptions I get to have 50-55 questions right, which I thought I did right besides the educated/wild guesses....now its time to notch it up ...

That's true...at least I know where I stand.....call it my ignorance or whatever...I didn't know 70 as the passing score before the exam....came to know just after it...and I was planning that if it's 60%...I am good...nevertheless I estimated right :) ....

I assume that all the questions were weighted equally as per assumptions I get to have 50-55 questions right, which I thought I did right besides the educated/wild guesses....now its time to notch it up ...
I'm jealous of you texans with your scores! Though I am happy that I passed the the test - guess that's all that matters in the end! Congrats to all of you who passsed, seems like there are a lot who passed in Texas (on this forum)

I'm jealous of you texans with your scores! Though I am happy that I passed the the test - guess that's all that matters in the end! Congrats to all of you who passsed, seems like there are a lot who passed in Texas (on this forum)
all that matters is that u passed.. so celebrate!! it happened to me in EIT, since my seniors got scores at their exams and when i wrote EIT, they just reported P/F. I knew i did great on it, and would have got a very high percentile and a friend of mine just barely managed to pass.. i delved on it for a while, but in the end, all that matters is that u will have a P.E. after ur name now..

I got my results on Friday through the TBPE. I got an email of board minutes from the last TBPE board meeting and it said at the bottom "You received this message because you are a Texas licensed professional engineer and have indicated that you wish to receive electronic correspondence from the Board."

I thought, "No, I'm still an EIT since I don't have my results yet." So, I skipped over to the TBPE site and sure enough, they had a link to login and check your exam results. I passed with an 88% on the Mechanical PE (specializing in Mechanical Systems and Materials). Got my PE number on Monday and am ordering my seal today. This news totally made my holidays.

I haven't received any official communications from the TBPE. I just checked the exam results last Friday and saw that I had passed.

Yesterday my boss asked me to make a printout of something showing I had earned my license and the exam_check website at TBPE wasn't working! Yikes. So I searched the roster and saw that I was on there. Now I have my license number. I feel so grown up.

Went to Uchi last night from some high quality sake and sushi. So good. A little trouble getting to work on time this morning, though...

TX-PE wana bes' --are we going to get lucky today?
I hope so....wait, I hope not...I don't want to know :)

I was SOOOOO confident after the test, but as more time goes by, I start to think that I didn't pass. What did you take? I took Civil/Construction, but I should've taken Water Resources. The Environmental scared me off, though.
Was routing for you, glad you made it, congrats!

I passed :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting: :bananapowerslide: :multiplespotting:
Is this babblu, Congrats!

This is varma from BITS, I passed my Geotech in Texas!

Ph 9152274319 :eek:ld-025: :vadar:
I know I am mean, and please forgive me, but "Babblu" is one heck of a name!
Yes Varma this is babloo......i know Captain.....thats the name from my undergrad days.... :eek:ld-025: :drunk:

Hi Meredith...I am still waiting for my results from CA. Just curious to know how did u feel after the AM and PM portions of the exam...

I felt the morning portion was ok, think i got about 25 right....in the afternoon, i felt i got most of the WR portion right but didn't get thru env well...i might have gotten 28 in the PM....

I found out the day the results came out that I failed the Civil (structural afternoon) with a 68, so that sucks, try again in April... :(

I do have a question though, does anyone know when they will be sending out the breakdown of how you did in each section? Or has anyone received this yet?

I found out the day the results came out that I failed the Civil (structural afternoon) with a 68, so that sucks, try again in April... :(
I do have a question though, does anyone know when they will be sending out the breakdown of how you did in each section? Or has anyone received this yet?
have you got the letter? the breakdown is usually with the official letter. when it arrives, can you post the breakdown since that will help correlate raw and scaled score..

jssaini - I have not recieved my letter yet, that is what I was wondering about, when do we get these in? Does anyone know?

I called today, they said they just sent them out last week so they are in route.
Really?! I emailed them yesterday and they said that they haven't received it yet from NCEES and usually it's about mid-Jan when TBPE start sending out, so a week or so...

That's what she said, I still have not recieved them yet though, I wouldn't think it would take more that 3-4 days to get to my house, and it still wasn't in the mail this morning, so maybe the lady I spoke to was incorrect? If I don't see it in a couple of days I'll probably call back.

I'm really curious to see how I did on which parts to see if it matches up with how I think I did.

I received a letter from the Texas Board that I passed this weekend, which was identical to the email I received shortly after the exam stating that I would receive additional info in a few weeks...

I recieved my diagnostics report over the weekend and it is wrong! :angry:

See my post in the "post your diagnostics report" forum.

So, I did get it but it will be a little longer before I can find out how I actually did.

I recieved my diagnostics report over the weekend and it is wrong! :angry:
See my post in the "post your diagnostics report" forum.

So, I did get it but it will be a little longer before I can find out how I actually did.

smithrj40,

On your diagnostic report (Water Resources), did they mention your raw score? could you please post the details of your letter....i am trying to figure out the approx. cut score for WR depth...thanks.

Back