Twitter....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Okay so I was told to get a twitter account and it would help me be able to keep up with my Atlanta Falcons

I don't know if it's possible to be "doing it wrong "but I selected Atlanta Falcons for my feed and I get about 5 million post every few seconds I guess if anyone on the planet mentions Atlanta Falcons it shows up on my feed?

It's got to be the most annoying social media app I've ever used

I do not have a Twitter account. The only time I have ever seen Tweets is when one is listed in an article linked by Drudge, or I hear of a controversy interesting enough to look at it on Twitter.com. The last thing I need is some way for other people to inundate me with the minutia of their lives directly. At least I can control when I access Facebook. Tweets, from what I understand, are sent to your phone like a text that doesn't warrant a response. I get enough of those through SMS and iMessage as it is.

News. News. News. Last night and this morning @YourAnonNews was the the only place the oil spill in CA was reported.

Also, it's a good way to get cool stuff or keep up with stuff you like (like the oil and gas industry or BBQ). There is an ice cream shop in town that was giving away the "golden cup" to win two free passes to ACLFest for just buying some ice cream.

In winter I use it for road conditions. And ski conditions. It's also fun to make fun of bieber #biebersucks

Back