Twilight Zone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MetroRAFB

Lol, I'm just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same thing. Check it:

Them: "So how did you do on your test?"

Me: " Don't know yet. Probably won't find out 'til the first of the year."

Them: "Damn, that's terrible, why does it take so long?"

Me: "It's a long boring story, they review the questions, etc. It takes 8 to 12 weeks. It sucks but what are you gonna do?"

Them: "Oh well, let me know when you find out."

Me: "Will do, thanks. See ya around."

[SIZE=14pt]SEEMINGLY LATER THE SAME DAY, ALTHOUGH IT COULD BE AS MUCH AS 3 DAYS LATER...........[/SIZE]

Same "Them" as before: "So how did you do on your test?"

Me: "I won't find out 'til the first of the year."

Same "Them" as before: "Damn, that's terrible, why does it take so long?"

Me: "Haven't we covered this ground?"

Same "Them" as before: "I don't think so."

Me: "Well they review all the questions, takes some time. 8-12 weeks."

Same "Them" as before: "Man, that sucks, let me know how you did when you find out."

Me: "Sure thing, thanks."

A FEW DAYS LATER.........

EXACT Same "Them" as before: "So how did you do on your test?"

Me: "I told you already."

EXACT Same "Them" as before: "Really?"

Me: "I'll tell you when I know something. Go away."

I've had some variation of the above conversation with at least 5 different people from work. My status doesn't directly affect any of them but it's interesting to learn who really listens to you when you speak. :D

:mail:

Last edited:
Yes.

Except I look like this ----> :hung:

or this ----> :ruh:

and end up providing a response along the lines of ..... :duhh:

If someone does ask you ponder the thought of :dddd: :dddd: :dddd: I know it has crossed my mind :rotflmao

JR

Defnitely had that one.

Similar to the "when is your wife gonna have the baby?" question. They just don't remember.

I think instead of saying "2 months" or something like that, it might be better to give a firm date, "January 3". That's a little more concrete and they should be able to bite onto it better.

Ed

how about a reply like: she's pregnant? what? I know she has put on some weight, but what are you talking about? :blink:

how about a reply like: she's pregnant? what? I know she has put on some weight, but what are you talking about? :blink:
LMAO!

How about: "Test? What test?"

lol :claps:

Back