Twas the Night Before (almost)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm199

Reaction score
Ok folks, got two more nights left until the fun... Anybody have any night before rituals??? Anything you did special to get ready for it? Stress relievers, relaxation, last minute prep??

Ok folks, got two more nights left until the fun... Anybody have any night before rituals??? Anything you did special to get ready for it? Stress relievers, relaxation, last minute prep??
I would think your mind is already mush from studying so it could be dangerous to solve problems at work and play trivia games at home.

Make sure everything is ready to go...dinner, set 100 different alarms...and try to sleep. That didn't go so well for me last time.

I had a few drinks the night before to make me relax and get to sleep. Only a few though, like 3 and they weren't strong. I wouldn't recommend getting wasted the night before. My wife and I stayed in motel, had some drinks, & watched a movie. Was asleep by like 9:30.

Tonight I would just make sure you have all your references and 'exam survival kit' ready. Don't solve problems. If you don't know it now, you never will.

I stayed in a motel near the test site. Checked out where the exam on the way there. It was a nice evening so I walked around town for a while, had a couple beers, and a treated myself to a nice big meal. Came back to the room and turned on the TV for a bit, and as soon as I was tired, I drifted off.

Set the alarm clock, my cell phone, asked for a wake up call, and asked the wife to call as well. Had a light breakfast and headed to the site real early. Just tried to relax and breathe deeply before the exam started. Got my references sorted, read the paper a bit.

The most important thing to remember is that no matter what; your dog will still let you scratch its stomach, your kids will still let you read them a bed time story, and you mother-in-law will still say your a loser; no mater how you do on the exam.

Freon, P.E. and Old, Grey-haired Fart

I stayed in a seedy motel near the test site. Checked out where the exam on the way there. It was a nice evening so I walked around town looking for hookers for a while, had a couple beers, and a treated myself to a nice big meal. Came back to the room with a prostitute and turned on the TV for a bit, and as soon as she was finished, I drifted off.
fixed it for you

8 posts and in the toilet. You guys are off your game. There was an opening for this to head into the shitter back at post #1. Stress relievers.....come on. If I had been checking the board today I would have recommended making sure the hotel was close to a do it yourself carwash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might I also add that this was a new member that posted this fairly innocent question. I guess he or she will know to go ask someone in his or her office from now on. This is no place for serious questions, only perverted responses. Way to go roadwreck. In all seriousness, where did she stick his engineering scale? :GotPics:

Might I also add that this was a new member that posted this fairly innocent question. I guess he or she will know to go ask someone in his or her office from now on. This is no place for serious questions, only perverted responses. Way to go roadwreck. In all seriousness, where did she stick his engineering scale? :GotPics:
This is the interwebs. All subjects eventually go to the toilet here. It's like a law or something.

For all you first-time test takers, the veterans wan't to know two things after the exam: What color is the pencil and did any of the proctors pass away during the exam.

Freon

Come to think of it. I haven't heard a good fudgey story in a long time. I remember the uncle stuffing the greasy turd down the garbage disposal story but I think that might be the last one. We haven't heard a Fudgey shitting the bed or shitting on his girlfriend story in a long time. Which also reminds me, do we have an emoticon with a smiley face holding up a board which read "Where is Fudgey?" or "We would like a Fudgey post to put this thread further in the toilet?" or something of the like.

Back