Transportation Textbooks????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aakash_ny

Reaction score
Any good textbooks of Highway & Traffic ??????

Please provide me the name..............................

Traffic and Highway Engineering

By: Nicholas J. Garber & Lester A. Hoel

The book has a lot of good information and several tables copied from the HCM.

I only needed a Transportation text for the breadth portion of the exam. I used Fundamentals of Transportation Engineering: A Multimodal Systems Approach by Jon D. Fricker and Robert K. Whitford.

I only really had to study a couple chapters out of this book for the breadth exam. It was a great book and was very clear and easy to study from. I was also the beneficiary of my wife still being in graduate school and I was able to request this book through interlibrary loan. Saving me the outrageous cost.

Six minute solutions is the nuts. I studied for a total of 16 hours for the Civil PE/ Transportation exam. 8 hours of that was just doing the sample problems in the six minute solution book. The other 8 hours was the NCEES practice exam with the CERM. I passed the first try.

If you do the problems in the 6 minute solutions, even if you don't quite understand it, during the test most problems are similiar if not identical to the 6 minute solutions.

I really have no use for mine anymore, PM me your address and I'll send it, you can mail me a check for the shipping if you want, its not really a big deal to me.

bta15

*EDIT*: I guess its not really a textbook, but it was by far my most useful study guide

Last edited by a moderator:
Back