Transportation is THE EASIEST Depth Section - "One and Done!"

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard similar stories about Transportation being the easiest depth. I know quite a few CE's who passed it with that module and seemed extremely confident when doing so. Seems like a lot of referencing when I looked into it. Sorry can't speak from experience since I took and passed the 8-hour with Geotech. Although I do have most of all my engineering experience in the Water Resources/Enviornmental Field.

Who let the Damn mech in this thread?
Everyone knows that MECHANICAL is the hardest PE License to get since it's such a broad discipline... ;) By the way, I scored 100% on the test when I took my exam on the first try. (true story)

For water resources, don't you just need to know if you're in the northern or southern hemisphere and which way the water in the toilet swirls?

:poking:

PE is a tough exam in general, period!!! Most of us have been out of school for at least four years if not more and the amount of preparation is huge even if you are that nerdy guy that knew everrything in undergrad.

Particularly more so, if you take it in NJ.... There application process alone is a nightmare in itself.... I bet NJMike PE will agree to that!!

PE is a tough exam in general, period!!! Most of us have been out of school for at least four years if not more and the amount of preparation is huge even if you are that nerdy guy that knew everrything in undergrad.

Particularly more so, if you take it in NJ.... There application process alone is a nightmare in itself.... I bet NJMike PE will agree to that!!
roger that. the board is useless. even after you pass an request your license. they screwed up my social security number

Everyone knows that MECHANICAL is the hardest PE License to get since it's such a broad discipline... ;) By the way, I scored 100% on the test when I took my exam on the first try. (true story)

For water resources, don't you just need to know if you're in the northern or southern hemisphere and which way the water in the toilet swirls?

I can't believe nobody called BS on what I wrote. I thought the set up was there but I guess I was wrong.

I'm slightly disappointed but I'm guessing everyone is too busy hitting F5 and :waiting:
I think way too much BS in that statement for a serious response. Maybe next time little tiny squirts of BS would draw out all the noobs from the woodwork.

if you poll 5 different offices you'll get 5 different answers. everyone has their own opinion on which discipline is the 'easiest'. it's all horseshit there is no black and white answer. i sat for the structural depth because i want to be a good structural engineer. if i don't pass it this time i'll learn the material well enough to pass it next time.

also Lumber Jim is correct. mechanical is the hardest.

I can't believe nobody called BS on what I wrote. I thought the set up was there but I guess I was wrong.

I'm slightly disappointed but I'm guessing everyone is too busy hitting F5 and :waiting:
I think way too much BS in that statement for a serious response. Maybe next time little tiny squirts of BS would draw out all the noobs from the woodwork.
Agreed. I didn't have time to ease into a soft BS statement though. It had to be "in your face" BS :)

Each discipline is easy if you remember a few core concepts:

Transportation: Get yourself to a bathroom.

Mechanical - Poop in toilet that is bolted to the floor.

Thermal Fluid Systems: Open valve to flush poop.

Civil - Poop flows downhill.

Electrical - Don't poop in the dark.

HVAC - Use exhaust fan when pooping.

Chemical - Spray aerosol after pooping.

Environmental - Wipe and wash hands after pooping.

There you have it. No BS, only S. One and done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more with Ptatohed and Sap. OP doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

I still can't believe cnata001 had the 8@!!$ to come on here and tell us that instead of taking the easy way out like others do, he chose to take the harder exam. :p

Anyway, if we go by NCEES's statistical data, it appears more 1st time takers pass the Civil-Structural. Contrary to the OP's conclusion that Transpo is the most likely to be "one and done", it appears to actually be the 4th (of 5) most likely.

PE Civil Construction 56% (first time taker) 22% (repeat taker)

PE Civil Geotechnical 67% 27%

PE Civil Structural 73% 38%

PE Civil Transportation 64% 33%

PE Civil Water Resources and Environmental 72% 38%

http://ncees.org/exams/pe-exam/

Regardless, I don't think this data can be used to conclude anything definitive. It would be no more fair to say that the Structural exam is "easiest" as it would be to say that those who sign up for the Structural are well prepared. There is no one exam that is easiest for everyone, period.

Merry X-Mas everyone. :)

Well obviously the above says that the construction guys are dummies, because duh ... construction :violin:

Back