Transportation Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt the morning session was challenging (especially the first ten problems) I finished the morning session with an hour and 15 to spare and went through every question a second time. The afternoon session required a lot of stamina. I had to keep pushing real hard and the last 6 or 7 questions were surprisingly easy of which I was happy about because my brain was real tired at that point. I finished the afternoon session with 30 minutes to spare.

Do you go to the type of problems you feel strong in and work them then continue by topic? Or do you just start and work your way through?

Cpguitar, sorry for the results. Keep trying man and I'm positive you'll do it. I passed the trans depth on my second try and it was definitely a battle. After the first exam, I knew what my weaknesses was. I didn't do enough problems and I was weak at geotech and structural. I told myself I had no business getting such poor scores in the afternoon as that suppose to be my strength as I chose it as my depth. If you didn't get Goswami's All in One Guide, it is worth Gold! The CERM is good but you need be very familiar with it to know where to look. Print out the index and keep it next to you while studying and during the exam. It will help a lot. It saved me so much time for conceptual problems. Try getting a book called "Traffic Engineering by Harber and Goel too. Chelapati's traffic book was great too for Horiz. and Vert. Curves. NCEES recently updated their study books, definitely get those. I know how it feels to fail, but like anything in life, it's how you rebound from a failure that will define you. Good luck and let me know if there is anything we can help you with.

Back