transportation afternoon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riz

Reaction score
I been told there is a trip distribution and generation quastion in the afternoon

any has any equation , hand out or example for (origin destination) type quastion

any idea what we need for trip generation quastion ? do we need trip generation book ? ?

I did some research , no luck in finding good example

appreciate any input

Riz :brickwall:

finally I got some info about the subject

for trip distribution :

gravity model is been used more often, which is base on Newton low

Interaction between two centers = {(balancing factor) x (Attraction Population) x (Production population)} divided by square of distance between (Attr. & Prod. zones)

looking for good example , if I find one I will share it for sure

I have never talked to anyone that needed the ITE trip generation manuals, I think even NCEES realizes thats too many books to take in.

I would learn how to work the charts in the trip generation manuals.

finally I got some info about the subject

for trip distribution :

gravity model is been used more often, which is base on Newton low

Interaction between two centers = {(balancing factor) x (Attraction Population) x (Production population)} divided by square of distance between (Attr. & Prod. zones)

looking for good example , if I find one I will share it for sure
Did you find an example problem you were looking for? I think there is one in the Sample PE Exam that I purchased the my CERM (10th Edition).

owillis28

there is a gr8 example in Hoel & Garber Book "(traffic and highway engg.)...i will try to scan it or at least post the page number..

there is a gr8 example in Hoel & Garber Book "(traffic and highway engg.)...i will try to scan it or at least post the page number..
which page of garber book?
Garber and Noel “traffic and highway engineering” is one of the best explanation of Trip Generation. I am not very good at it yet, but they do have very good examples. See page 549+- for details.

Good luck on the test

Back