Transpo 6 Minute Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJK

Reaction score
I have worked through the Transportation Six Minute Soultions book. I am comfortable with the difficulty level of the problems, having correctly answered about 80% of the problems.

Can anyone that has taken the PM transportation exam compare the diffulty level of the six minute solutions vs. the actual exam?

I have heard that the Water Resources 6 Min. Solutions is more diffult than the actual test, but I have not seen anything on the Transportation 6 Min book specifically. Thanks, Andrew

Definitely agree with Road Guy on the 6 min. Transpo. Solutions. The author had outstanding examples-especially with highway capacity, signalization, traffic studies-for PE preparation. Also, don't forget to bring copies of MUTCD and Roadside Design Guide...you should get at least 1 question pertaining to these manuals, but they are of the "low hanging fruit" variety. It might have been somewhat of a bitch to carry those and the rest of Transpo. references into the exam site, but they sure saved my ass!

I have that book, and can answer about every question in it......still will be taking the exam in October for the 4th!!!! time. That's a good start, but I really think the key to my failings is not paying attention to 1. the details in the questions, and 2. the small writing under ANY chart that the question will have you looking for....It will be the details that will give you the pass or fail response!

Good Luck! :eyebrows:

Thanks for the responses guys. Now I need to:

1. improve my speed, many of the 6 min transpo problems take a considerable amount of time for me to complete.

2. learn almost everything for the AM structures section

3. learn EVERYTHING for the AM environmental section

Thanks for the responses guys. Now I need to:
1. improve my speed, many of the 6 min transpo problems take a considerable amount of time for me to complete.

2. learn almost everything for the AM structures section

3. learn EVERYTHING for the AM environmental section

I suggest you get a move on sport. There will be plenty of time for this: :eyebrows: :D after you've passed.

Back