Top Ten Things to do when you pass the PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10.) Update my Outlook E-mail signature and LinkedIn profile with the "P.E." suffix to my name.
9.) Let my boss know that I am now a licensed professional engineer. Also, treat her to lunch to celebrate, if she passes as well.

8.) Send "thank you" letters to my references.

7.) Let my parents know that I have became a certified professional engineer. My Dad will certainly be proud since he also tried to acquire licensure himself as a Chemical Engineer, but can't get past the E.I.T.

6.) Plan for obtaining a P.E. license in Control Systems in October 2011, as that would grant me the Title Act here in California. (The Electrical Engineering license would only grant me the Practicing Act.)

5.) Focus on completing Graduate School for Systems Engineering and graduate next semester. I better not fail the verbal exam panel, or else that would be embarrassing! "Hey! A P.E. failed our graduate verbal exam panel! Ha ha ha!"

4.) Let my friends know that I have acquired a professional engineering license. Also offer to serve as recommendations for them should they seek professional licensure (granted that they have a mature professional attitude in their careers.)

3.) See what opportunities my employer has to offer me given that I have a professional engineering license.

2.) Update my NCEES Records file.

1.) Reflect on the meaning of becoming a professional engineer, and take an oath to raise my standards even higher as I seek to continuously improve myself in my profession as an engineer.

Wow! The time you've spent waiting has been put to good use writing this great list, very thoughtful...if only I was that ambitious or thoughtful :appl:

7. Meet Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker at the bar.

I met their friend George Dickel last night :beerchug:

Back