Today is Official Exercise Your Seal Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Uncanny Pompadour
Reaction score
If you're like me and own a PE stamp, but don't use it regularly in the course of business, today is your day.

Take your stamp, seal, or embosser out of the drawer and exercise it. Let us know how it goes.

My own stamp was ready for action, slid easily out of the case, and opened up it's mighty jaws fluidly. I clipped onto the edge of a piece of paper and applied gentle pressure and the seal was set, seeming to have fewer of the sharp cuts that characterized it in the early days before exercise. The paper I stamped was a printed picture of a lake that my daughter sent me with a spot circled where she is pretty sure she saw a sea monster. Now it is officially a Nessie sighting.

Already done today.

I pretty much seal things every day though.

It's more like parking your monkey, except the opposite of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally brought my stamp into work a couple weeks ago. I need to go find something to stamp...like a co-worker.

<--- still hasn't stamped anything after getting it in June 2008...

Edit: I have stamped a couple of my reference books so that no-one steals them (not signed though).

Last edited by a moderator:
Used mine twice yesterday, and will at least once today. Man, am I exhausted.

I've only used my ink stamp once, to give to the CAD drafter to convert into an electronic seal, which is now what I use.

But thanks for the reminder - I have one of those self-inking stamps that will dry up and be ruined if you don't use it occasionally. Just stamped some scrap paper. Whoo hoo.

I use mine like stamps on envelopes at the post office....I stamp something almost daily. In fact a few months back my original ink stamp started to lose it's "edge" and the stamps were looking a little smudgey....so I bought a NEW self inking stamp, and I love that thing. Highly recommend it!

Back