Time Management

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The on thing i can say is being able to answer questions fast is key.

For the Am section i answered 30 question in 2.5 hours. The last 10 i spent 1.5 hours on.
PM section 25 questions in 2 hours followed by the last 15 over 2 hours.

The best thing i can say is the CI 4 practice exams help you recognize questions really fast. Towards the end i was working one of those exams in 4 hours. I recommend getting the following the practice exams:
CI
Engineers Guide to passing the Power Pe exam
NCEES practice exam

Engineering Pro guide and extra problems.

( I worked all of these exams several times until i could answer all the questions correctly).

Good advice about CI. I found it to be very helpful for the reason you stated. Some folks find CI to be too easy. I don’t think that’s the case. The sample tests and the CI NEC drill book was extremely helpful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice about CI. I found it to be very helpful for the reason you stated. Some folks find CI to be too easy. I don’t think that’s the case. The sample tests and the CI NEC drill book was extremely helpful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trick for this exam is timing, reaction time and knowing your references.

Thanks for your input. I did more practice  problems and got better results. I used the method suggested, doing the exam in multiple passes. Also, I started studying at coffee shops for “conditioning”. My usual study place is too quiet, I need to practice ignoring distractions. Hopefully no Zumba conventions next door.

Back