There's no turning back now

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that is helpful! 
This was very helpful, @nkalenze, thank you! 

There is certainly enough reason to take the course. I may think about it a little more and see if I can get the funds together. My employer does not reimburse.

Thanks again! :)

the reading-working problems cycle provided enough variety that I never felt burned out. Mind you it takes much longer to do it this way (I started in May)
Yeah, this is what I tried to do with my 6 months. I couldn't get through everything. It was just too much material and I read/work problems too slowly. So after 25-30 chapters (I think there are 80 or so in the book) I said screw it and started working as many problems as I could.

My strategy this time will be to follow the exam outline very closely and work a ton of problems for each topic and subtopic until I know it handily. I didn't follow the outline close enough, and didn't make sure I knew every single thing on it. I think that was my downfall. 

15 hours ago, JHW3 said:

the reading-working problems cycle provided enough variety that I never felt burned out. Mind you it takes much longer to do it this way (I started in May)
Yeah, this is what I tried to do with my 6 months. I couldn't get through everything. It was just too much material and I read/work problems too slowly. So after 25-30 chapters (I think there are 80 or so in the book) I said screw it and started working as many problems as I could.

My strategy this time will be to follow the exam outline very closely and work a ton of problems for each topic and subtopic until I know it handily. I didn't follow the outline close enough, and didn't make sure I knew every single thing on it. I think that was my downfall. 
That's cool. I have heard the CERM is not as central to exam success as it is for MERM, so go with the prevailing wisdom here-- which seems to be EET.

Good luck and hang tough!

This was very helpful, @nkalenze, thank you! 

There is certainly enough reason to take the course. I may think about it a little more and see if I can get the funds together. My employer does not reimburse.

Thanks again! :)
Here is what you do .... Open a PayPal credit account with no interest for 6 months (EET accepts PayPal), and pay it off a little bit at a time. 

When I took the exam, I used my EET Depth and Breadth binders for literally 95% of the problems. I'm telling you, and others here will attest, if you attend the lectures, work their problems, ask questions, you will pass this exam. EET is worth every penny you spend (and they are still one of the cheaper options).

Here is what you do .... Open a PayPal credit account with no interest for 6 months (EET accepts PayPal), and pay it off a little bit at a time. 

When I took the exam, I used my EET Depth and Breadth binders for literally 95% of the problems. I'm telling you, and others here will attest, if you attend the lectures, work their problems, ask questions, you will pass this exam. EET is worth every penny you spend (and they are still one of the cheaper options).
I opened a PayPal credit account since they offer 6 months, no interest and I plan to pay over time since my employer doesn't reimburse.  I don't regret it and I'm excited about starting the course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened a PayPal credit account since they offer 6 months, no interest and I plan to pay over time since my employer doesn't reimburse.  I don't regret it and I'm excited about starting the course.
southernbelle,

Great job; we are happy for you and know you will really enjoy going with EET!  Best wishes and happy holidays!

Thanks nkalenze.  I'm going in knowing that there's no guarantee that I'll pass with EET but I feel the course is the best available for WRE and is worth the investment to increase my odds of passing.

Happy Holidays!!

Hello all! Seems like a lot of you have found useful or have been successful in passing the exam by taking the EET Course. I am planning on taking the PE test in April 2016 and after reading this board I am very much leaning towards registering for the EET review class. I have a few questions:

• Has anyone done the "On demand Webinar" only? This one will likely work better with my schedule so I want to read about your experience. 
  • In addition to the course binders from EET, did you find the CERM useful for the test?? I have an older version of the CERM, and I am hesistant to buy the new version if the EET Materials will be enough.
Appreciate your answers!!! :) 

Hello all! Seems like a lot of you have found useful or have been successful in passing the exam by taking the EET Course. I am planning on taking the PE test in April 2016 and after reading this board I am very much leaning towards registering for the EET review class. I have a few questions:

• Has anyone done the "On demand Webinar" only? This one will likely work better with my schedule so I want to read about your experience. 
  • In addition to the course binders from EET, did you find the CERM useful for the test?? I have an older version of the CERM, and I am hesistant to buy the new version if the EET Materials will be enough.
Appreciate your answers!!! :) 
I didn't take WRE, with EET, but I can attest to Nazrul's notes. I did have him for AM WR, and he also taught Geotech and pavements for transpo. I can tell you from my experience I used EET for 98% of the exam, except where the required Transpo books were needed. I have to imagine WRE is the same way ...

Just do it, they start this weekend. My study partner from here did the AM on demand, and then live for the PM. He passed, but did say the live is just easier to ask a question as you get an answer immediately as opposed to emailing and waiting a few hours.

Good luck!

I too just signed up for the EET WRE Webinar. I've heard so many good things about it here I decided it was worth the $600. 

This will be my 3rd attempt. The first time I don't think I studied enough/the right information. The 2nd attempt I studied my ASS off and still didn't do well. I think the stress I was putting myself under had a lot to do with it, because I felt ready for the exam and still didn't do well. 

I was contemplating the Breadth EET course but just realized that it started on 1/3 so I've already missed 3 weeks of it. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to sign up late or not. I'd be willing to spend the money if it was really going to help. I had looked up the WRE start date and had assumed they all started in February. I just started studying last week for this exam. 

Any suggestions on ways to study for the AM? I am considering trying to find a tutor as I'm very weak in structural and a few other morning areas. 

Hi all,

I've been a long time reader/follower of this forum, and, like others preparing the take the PE (WRE depth), I am super nervous and looking for a review class to help guide my studying. I won't sit until October, but looking and gathering information now puts my mind at ease. 

It seems that WRE depth from EET is the hands-down best review for the afternoon. Does anyone have any detailed thoughts about their breadth review? I've been looking at the School of PE breadth reviews and they seem to be really good, but packaging a deal with EET for both makes my wallet alot happier. Any thoughts, suggestions, or pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you're going to go with EET for the depth, I would recommend taking them for the breadth also. You should also start studying/working problems now.

Hi everyone,

I passed the WRE exam in 2015 (along with the CA exams), and I made a site to share my study plan. Please check out simplecivilpe dot com if you are so inclined.

BTW, I did not take the EET course, but as everyone on here has said, it has glowing reviews.

Back