~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 91 here on Saturday and 88 on Sunday. I set up a sprinkler for the kids to play in on both days because it was so hot. Of course, by Wednesday the high is supposed to be in the mid 50s, but that's par for the course this time of year.
That shit is the reason why my white car is neon green right now.  My eyes have been burning for days!

My porch has what seems like 1" of pine pollen on it, but we should almost be through the worst of it based on the trees around here. I should be able to power wash everything this weekend and we can actually start using our porch.

We got HAMMERED by storms last night that seemingly came out of nowhere.  First was horrible rain, wind, thunder, and nickel-sized hail at 10PM, and then again this morning around 6AM.  I'm praying the cars aren't totaled from hail damage this morning :(  

Thankfully it looks like all the pollen on the cars must have cushioned the hail, because I didn't see any obvious dings on either of them.

80+ yesterday we were on the edge of a nasty storm last night.  we got all the wind and big thunderous booms, but not a lot of the rain.   Today we will be lucky to break 50

We got HAMMERED by storms last night that seemingly came out of nowhere.  First was horrible rain, wind, thunder, and nickel-sized hail at 10PM, and then again this morning around 6AM.  I'm praying the cars aren't totaled from hail damage this morning :(  
Same here, without the hail. It felt like summer.

Yeah...it was 85 degrees and sunny at about 6 pm yesterday.  I get a Dark Sky alert on my phone that says Tornado Watch.  WTF?  I look at the radar, and there's a small line of storms coming southeast from Indiana.  At about 10 last night, all hell broke loose.  I slept through most of it, but there was some pretty severe wind and lightning.  Then today, we had a high of 60 degrees.

We had some crazy storms too...had to hide in the bathroom for a bit last night to wait out a tornado warning.  Fortunately we didn't get at tornado, but the town next to us sustained considerable damage with the heavy winds.

I was really loving the warmer weather (it got up to the high 70s/low 80s here) but apparently yesterday was the second warmest day on record? Womp.  I guess weather in the 80s isn't common in April.  And now we have a freeze warning tonight? Ugh. Really hard not to feel homesick right now.  

We had some crazy storms too...had to hide in the bathroom for a bit last night to wait out a tornado warning.  Fortunately we didn't get at tornado, but the town next to us sustained considerable damage with the heavy winds.

I was really loving the warmer weather (it got up to the high 70s/low 80s here) but apparently yesterday was the second warmest day on record? Womp.  I guess weather in the 80s isn't common in April.  And now we have a freeze warning tonight? Ugh. Really hard not to feel homesick right now.  

Gotta love the upper Midwest.  It was 41 degrees, sunny and snowing all at the same time yesterday.

Wicked but thankfully short storm hit us around 5:00 am.  50 MPH winds, rain was totally sideways.  I had covered up both cars in case we had hail or wind blowing debris around, but it seems like we were juuuuuust south enough that the bad band missed us.  No hail, now beautiful and sunny out like nothing ever happened.

We were projected to get 1-6" of snow yesterday/last night but ended up with just a slight dusting. I'm ready for winter to be over!!!

nothing is sticking to the roads but its literally been snowing for 2 days straight :(

But aint gonna lie Saturday was 70 degrees and hella nice...

We had some nasty damage from the storms that rolled through last night. 50k Without power in our service territory this morning. A lot of buildings destroyed.

But the weather is looking good for the coming week. Highs in the mid 60s. 

Were any of you all close to the Tornado's? (The news wasnt specific on the radio, just said "the south") lol

Back