The VW Emissions Scandal

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cement

gray haired dude
Reaction score
Anybody else caught up in this mess?  What are you doing, buyback or re-fit?

My wife is losing her sh!t daily waiting for confirmation of her buyback.  

It's making it tough to be jolly around here some days.

What are you guys going to replace your VWs with? (assuming you get the buy back)

A friend of mine works in the emissions testing group of a different large auto manufacturer.  When I asked him about the VW situation he completely clammed up.  Makes me wonder what the other companies are up to and trying to hide.

A friend of mine works in the emissions testing group of a different large auto manufacturer.  When I asked him about the VW situation he completely clammed up.  Makes me wonder what the other companies are up to and trying to hide.
The wife's lost all faith in VW, but I've heard the rumors too.

What are you guys going to replace your VWs with? (assuming you get the buy back)
I know some folks that have the same JettaTDI sportwagon that we have and like the car so much they are considering the re-fit.  I figure they might get a lemon back. Not a lemon party please.

My kid has heard back from VW with the $ amount, is going to pay off some medical bills and will get a leftover Subaru BRZ - a real California car that he is buying here in Colorado.  I'm going to ride shotgun with him when he takes it back home.  The wife is looking at the certified pre-owned Volvo V60 XC.  I'm not sure I trust those swedes....

A coworker is going the buy back route.  He said he couldn't resist the number.  He's considering a new Mustang just for the fun of it.

So out of curiosity what are the average buy backs they are offering?

The only car less American than a VW is a F'n Subaru!

Co-worker is getting something like $21,500 back and another friends like $22,000 I think.

Back