The Scientists Who ‘Proved’ The Big Bang Theory True Admits They May Be Wrong

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comment about science vs religion? How about

flFgB.gif
This.

^x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The original point was not to make it a religious topic, but answer this question:

Can you really sit in a telescope on earth and look for faraway and find out how the universe was created? Does anyone really believe it's possible for us to do that?

The original point was not to make it a religious topic, but answer this question:

Can you really sit in a telescope on earth and look for faraway and find out how the universe was created? Does anyone really believe it's possible for us to do that?
It can't be done without a little bit of theory and lots of faith.

Maybe the swirling dust clouds they're seeing are God's farts.

If you believe light has a speed, you can look through light in space, and the big bang theory (the part where the universe is continuously expanding at an accelerated rate) , then yes it's possible. the first two are confirm-able through experiments or observation.

You need to watch the entire series of the history channel show "The Universe" on Netflix to truly believe... ;) (tongue in cheek)

I think the weirder topic of this whole thing is that science claims that that the universe is expanding not as a constant rate like you would expect from an explosion but is actually accelerating; meaning something is pushing us along that we don't know about or understand:

They call this phenomenon "Dark Energy". I think it has something to do with Star Wars.

I think we're a teeny tiny part of something much larger that we can't even see (like bacteria trying to figure out the organism it's stuck on). We can observe phenomena and make guesses all day, and still be totally wrong. To me, religion is one theory, the Big Bang is another and reality is probably something we haven't even considered yet.

it would be cool to live to see when we can actually make a trip out to....Uranus....

I wonder what OZ Engineer's opinions are on this topic?

Back